This One Skillet Pepper Steak is a super flavor packed meal that comes together in less than twenty minutes. This recipe is delectable served over rice or Chinese noodles! For a complete meal serve with Sweet Pork Dumplings and Crab Rangoon.
This One Skillet Pepper Steak is just what the doctor ordered without sacrificing flavor. It is low in carbohydrates, full of nutrition and has plenty of protein to satisfy even the heartiest appetite. It is all prepared in one large skillet albeit you do need to plate some things while you are preparing this but you can use those same plates to eat off of unless company is heading your way.
How do you make One Skillet Pepper Steak?
First heat a little olive oil over medium heat and cook the ginger for just about 1/2 minute. Next add the Hoisin sauce and stir to combine. Turn the heat to medium high and add the steak. Cook until browned and slightly crispy. Remove the steak to a plate.
In same skillet over medium high heat add another tablespoon oil. Heat until almost smoking and then add peppers and onions and cook until just starting to brown on the edges. Remove from the pan and plate.
In the same skillet over low heat add another tablespoon oil. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds stirring constantly. Add the cider vinegar, honey and the Dijon mustard. Simmer for a couple minutes. Next whisk in Worcestershire sauce and a little more Hoisin sauce. Return the steak, peppers and onions to the pan and stir to coat. Warm for a few minutes and serve immediately.
This beautiful One Skillet Steak and Peppers has so much flavor. It is packed full of juicy steak, tender crisp onions and bell peppers in a lightly sweet Hoisin ginger mustard sauce that is amazing. You can serve over rice or udon noodles but it tastes delectable all by itself…no carbs necessary!!
Helpful tips on making One Skillet Pepper Steak
- Use great cuts of beef like tenderloin, petite shoulder, porterhouse or rib eye.
- Slice your onions and peppers thin. Stir fry moves fast and you want your veggies to be crisp tender.
- Have everything sliced and all your ingredients ready to go.
- Stir fry moves quickly so it needs your undivided attention. It is not the time to check your email or Facebook page.
- For a change of pace wrap Pepper Steak in a soft tortilla with sour cream, cheddar cheese and tomatoes.
- Hoisin sauce can be found in the Asian food section of your grocery store. It is commonly referred to as Chinese ketchup but its flavors are far more complex.
- For best results do not overcook and serve immediately.
Give this One Skillet Pepper Steak a whirl and let me know what you think. Leave a comment or leave a suggestion if you made any changes that you want to turn us on to.
Other stir fry recipes you will love!
- Easy Basic Chicken Stir Fry
- Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- One Skillet Kung Pao Chicken
- The Best Spicy Beef Pepper Stir Fry
- Moo Goo Gai Pan
This post was originally published April 18, 2017 and was republished July 14, 2019 with new content.Print
One Skillet Steak and Peppers
A delectable family and fan favorite one skillet pepper steak that is on the table in less than 20 minutes. You are going to love it!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal beef
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root or ginger root paste
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs trimmed steak and cut into bite size strips (such as petite shoulder, sirloin or T-bone)
- 1 green pepper julienne cut
- 1 red pepper julienne cut
- 1 medium sweet onion cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce and stir to blend. Turn heat up to medium high and add steak. Cook until browned and slightly crispy; stirring several times. Cook 3-4 minutes depending on how you like your steak. Remove from pan and plate.
- In same skillet over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add pepper and onions and cook until just starting to brown on the edges; approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and plate.
- In same skillet over low heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook garlic for 30 seconds. Add cider vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce. Return steak, peppers and onions to pan and stir to coat. Warm for 1-2 minutes.
Hoisin sauce can be found in the Asian food section of your grocery store.
Keywords: beef and pepper stir fry, beef stir fry, beef pepper stir fry, stir fry