These deliciously easy Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions make the perfect side, topping for grilled steak, or light dinner. This six ingredient recipe comes together quickly and tastes amazing.
Do you like mushrooms? Do you like onions? I have an amazing combo for you to try. This scrumptious sauteed mushrooms and onion recipe has six ingredients and takes about twenty minutes to prepare. It smells like heaven and tastes delicious especially over baked and mashed potatoes.
How to make Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions.
Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large skillet. Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce. Add your mushrooms and cook until they start to turn golden brown. Add the onions and cook until the edges brown and the onions become translucent. In the final minute reduce the heat to low and add the minced garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. That is it. It is that simple.
Helpful hints on making Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions!
- After washing or wiping the mushrooms dry them well with a paper towel.
- Do not burn the melting butter. The key is to stay close by and have everything prepped and ready to go.
- Cook mushrooms over medium high heat. They release a lot of moisture so in order for them to brown properly they must be cooked over fairly high heat and stirred frequently so they do not burn.
- Add the onions when the mushrooms are starting to turn golden brown. The onions should be lightly browned on the edges and translucent. It does not take long and they too should be stirred frequently.
- Add the garlic during the last minute of cooking. Reduce the heat to low and stir frequently. Garlic burns easily and tastes bitter when it burns.
I made a batch of these today. I am going to reheat in the microwave on a reduced power. They are perfect with so many things.
Ways to serve Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
- In a quesadilla with mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spooned over or in an omelette.
- In a toasted cheese sandwich.
- Drizzled over mashed or baked potatoes.
- Over grilled steak or beef tenderloin.
- As a side dish for chicken, beef, pork or fish.
- For a light lunch or dinner.
- Stuffed in a calzone or stromboli.
These Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions are scrumptious, easy, dependable and versatile. Put the ingredients on your shopping list today and make yourself a little piece of heaven.
Other mushroom recipes you will love!
- Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms with Bruschetta
- Easy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Noodles Romanoff with Mushrooms
- Easy Creamy Chicken Mushroom Asparagus Skillet
Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
These deliciously easy six ingredient Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions make the perfect side, topping for grilled steak, or light dinner.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 lb white button mushrooms halved
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large skillet. Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce. Add your mushrooms and cook until they start to turn golden brown; approximately 5 minutes. Stir about every 1 1/2 minutes. Add the onions and cook until the edges brown and the onions become translucent; approximately 5 minutes. Continue stirring every 1 1/2 minutes
- In the final minute reduce the heat to low and add the minced garlic; stirring continuously. Salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: mushrooms and onions, side dish, side, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, steak mushrooms, garlic mushrooms