Life is a busy! That is for sure. No matter what time of year it is there always seems to be twenty things going on. I guess if things were not that way we would be board out of our gourd and probably get into some kind of mischief that we would not be proud of! This delectable 20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta is a cinch to bring together utilizing already baked rotisserie chicken. These perfectly baked rotisseries chickens are available in so many stores now. Competition is a beautiful thing. Costco’s baked chickens are absolutely delicious and priced so well that I do not think I could buy it and cook it for that price.
20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta combines garlic, onions, mushrooms and chicken in an easy perfectly seasoned cream sauce that comes together in a matter of minutes. You can serve over pasta or rice. The choice is all yours and I want you to do whatever your little heart desires.
This 20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta only calls for about two cups of that chicken. Easy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla and 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup are some of my favorite recipes including rotisserie chicken. This will help you utilize the remainder of that baked chicken.
Is your time short but you love home cooked meals that you can feel good about eating and feeding your family? Put this 20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta on your to try list today. Your family will be singing your praises and you will have time for lots of the other things on your list.
20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (please see notes)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped COOKED rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked pasta or rice
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt butter. Stay close as you do not want the butter to burn. As soon as it melts add onions and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are lightly browned; about five minutes. Reduce heat to low and add basil, oregano, onion powder and garlic; cook for one minute stirring continuously. Add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add cream and Worcestershire sauce and simmer to desired thickness; about 5-7 minutes. Make sure you keep the heat on a low simmer as cream can burn.
- Stir in cooked chicken and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over cooked pasta or rice and garnish with remaining parsley.
You can substitute 1/4 cup of chicken broth for the wine. Do not add pasta or rice till you are ready to serve as they have a way of soaking up the sauce.
Other pasta recipes you will love!