Easy Pancake Muffins are scrumptious easy to prepare little muffins. They are perfect for pack and go and for little hands. I make one batch and split in half creating blueberry and sausage for both the sweet and savory pancake lovers.
My family is constantly on the go. Mornings can be just a little insane around here. I am fortunate enough to work from home so I save on commute time however things are still quite hectic around here. This morning was going to be even more crazy than usual as it is tax season and I have several other deadlines that are approaching so I baked up a batch of these Easy Pancake Muffins last night. I love to split the batch and add blueberries to half and add cooked crumbled pork sausage to the other half. They are perfect for the husband that is running late for work. Just pack a little bit of syrup in a small glad ware container and he is on his way. No need to cut pancakes for the little ones as they can hold these right in their hands and dip them in a little bit of syrup poured right on their plate.
Three things occurred to me while I was making these Easy Pancake Muffins!
- I really love these incredibly easy breakfast treats!
- I think I like the savory sausage ones better….I think.
- I need a new mini muffin pans! Mine is completely wore out!
Are you a pancake lover? There are so many amazing and fun recipes for different pancakes. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes and Buttermilk Bacon Pancakes are family, friend and readers favorites. They are both amazingly delicious and easy. These Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes from Baking Beauty is a fellow blogger family favorite.
Is your family constantly on the go? Are you looking for scrumptious homemade treats that you can feel good about feeding your family? You need to put these AMAZING Easy Pancake Muffins on your to try list today. Better yet double the recipe and freeze half of them. You will be glad that you did!
- 1/3 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- Warm maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffins pans with nonstick baking spray.
- Brown pork sausage breaking up into small crumbles. Drain any excess grease.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In large measuring cup whisk together butterrmilk, vanilla and egg.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture. Add butter and stir just until incorporated. Fill one pan full of batter spooning about 2/3's full in each slot. Add three to four blueberries to the top of each one. Take remaining batter and mix in crumbled sausage. Fill second pan filling each slot about 2/3's full.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Serve with warm maple syrup.
You can make your own buttermilk by adding 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar to 1 1/2 cups milk. Let sit for five minutes.
Other breakfast recipes you will love!!