This easy and quick Cinnamon Sugar combines the perfect cinnamon sugar ratio for all your cooking and baking needs. Make your own cinnamon sugar and keep a batch mixed for sprinkling on freshly fried doughnuts or ice cream, making cinnamon toast, or mixing with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt.
The perfect blend
Growing up, I remember my Mom having a shaker full of cinnamon sugar for us all the time. It was often her saving grace as we were allowed to make our own simplified version of cinnamon toast on the weekends. This allowed my parents to get just a little bit more time to sleep. We would grab the Wonder Bread, toast it, slather it with butter and sprinkle it with a generous helping of cinnamon sugar. This was pure heaven for us. It worked easily and quickly enough for us to enjoy our Saturday morning cartoons.
Perhaps this all-too-familiar story takes you back to your childhood. Now for my own kiddos (keep in mind that I did not have seven children), I spread the soft butter on bread, sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar, and place it under the broiler on low for about two minutes. The end result is cinnamon bread that is slightly crunchy on the top while soft in the middle and so full of flavor. The smell emanating from the oven will knock your socks off. Both kids and adults alike love the taste of this cinnamon toast.
Fun ways to use Cinnamon Sugar Spice
- Sprinkle over fresh fried or baked doughnuts
- Toss a little in with a mixture of fresh fruit and Greek Yogurt.
- Sprinkle over the top of a fruit pie or fruit cobbler. My favorites are apple, blueberry, and peach.
- Toss with chopped pecans or walnuts and sprinkle over cakes, muffins, or quick bread before baking.
- Sprinkle in your oatmeal or cream of wheat cereal. Or sprinkle over pancakes or waffles.
- Enjoy a little in your rice pudding or tapioca.
- Sprinkle over French toast or pancakes.
- Make cinnamon toast just by slathering butter on one side of a slice of bread. Sprinkle that side with cinnamon sugar and place it on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Put under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch the broiler closely.
- Sprinkle over snickerdoodle cookies before baking.
Recipes to use Cinnamon Sugar on
Easy Cinnamon Sugar Blend
This fun and easy Cinnamon Sugar with the perfect ration of cinnamon comes together in less than 1 minute. It is delicious on hot cereals, fresh donuts, and rice pudding, and sprinkle over muffins, quick-breads, cakes, and pies before baking. Mix up a batch, store it in a glass jar in your kitchen and discover its many uses. Repurpose a used spice jar with a shaker top for your new-found treat.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: A little over 1/2 cup
- Category: other
- Method: bowl and spoon
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, using a small whisk or fork, stir the sugar and ground cinnamon together. Store in a glass or plastic shaker, glass canning jar with a tight-fitting lid, or plastic zipper storage bag.
- Brown sugar can be substituted for granulated white sugar on a 1:1 ratio.
Keywords: cinnamon sugar, cinnamon sugar ratio, how to make cinnamon sugar, cinnamon sugar recipe, cinnamon sugar toast
On the hunt for more delicious recipes? Follow Small Town Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.https://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf
I gave this recipe to my daughter to make and it came out great. Your instructions were easy enough that she followed along and didn’t have to ask me any questions!
I was looking for a recipe like this, thank you for sharing! I can’t wait to try it soon!
I love this cinnamon sugar! The kids use it on buttered toast and I use it on my baked goods.
This is my favorite!! I have a jar ready at all times!!! LOVE it!
What a great idea! I can use it a lot in my recipes!
I’d like to add the cinnamon sugar to the top of our French toast sticks!
This is the perfect ratio of cinnamon to sugar! I used it on toast this morning!
Thanks, Tayler! I bet it was so yummy!
So easy! We used this on toast with butter and it was amazing!
Such a great idea! I use mine on hot chocolate all the time. Thanks for this.
This is great to have on hand to sprinkle over any baked goods, or even oatmeal!
This cinnamon sugar is so handy to turn everything into churro flavor! Love it.
I am going to try this out! Love it!
Simply perfect! I love it on toasts
I always love having this on hand. So convenient!
Thank you so much for this, I use it for so many things! I just made some donuts with this and they were delicious.
Oh my kids really enjoyed adding this cinnamon sugar to toasts and desserts!! So good!
oooh yum! I want to sprinkle this on some hot donuts.
I love cinnamon sugar but haven’t thought to keep a bottle on hand at all times. This is such a great practical recipe to have on hand.
This brings me back to my college days of eating lots of cinnamon toast. I couldn’t agree more that it is very important to have the perfect proportions of cinnamon and sugar.
As a daily consumer of cinnamon sugar, I can confirm it is the best thing ever for an easy & delicious toast topping.
Cinnamon is my love language! This is the perfect ratio sugar-cinnamon! So good on rice pudding and oats
Cinnamon sugar is one of those things that brings back childhood, and I love it! Cinnamon sugar is great topped on many things, and the kiddos love it!
Love this recipe! So convenient to have on hand!
I love how simple and well explained this recipe is, it’s so easy my 8 year old daughter made it for herself!
That is awesome!
This is so perfectly simple! I never knew what the ratio of cinnamon to sugar was and always seem to get it wrong. Bookmarking this so I can return to it whenever I need to!
Cinnamon sugar is so super versatile, I have a jar on the go at all times.
Yes it really is!