Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives is a heavenly combination of mashed red potatoes with roasted garlic, sour cream, crispy bacon and fresh chives. It is the perfect side dish for all of your barbecue, beef, chicken and pork entrees.
Are you a spud fan? My family loves potatoes. We like them fried, sauteed, baked, scalloped, smashed, mashed and any other way they can be prepared. Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives is the perfect accompaniment for all your entree needs. They will complement almost all your barbecue, beef, chicken, pork and even fish recipes. They are super easy to prepare as the bacon can be cooked and chopped ahead of time and the garlic can be roasted ahead of time and stored in the fridge. I like to roast a whole head of garlic and use it in other recipes like this Roasted Garlic Three Cheese Manicotti. You can mash the potatoes for this recipe with an old fashioned potato masher or break out your mixer.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives combines red potatoes with their jackets on, roasted garlic, butter, sour cream, milk, crispy cooked bacon and fresh chives. It is the ultimate side dish for all you potato lovers. You can’t get enough glorious potato recipes? Here are some of our favorites.
- Traditional Irish Colcannon Potatoes and Cabbage
- 3 Ingredient Grilled Ranch Potatoes
- Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Cheesy Potatoes
- Skillet German Potato Salad
- Cream Cheese and Chive Stuffed Red Potatoes
Are you grilling this weekend? Maybe it is still too cool and your are going to bake a brisket. Whatever you decide these Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives are the perfect side for you all your dinner needs.
Put these Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives on your to try list today and prepare to have your taste buds tickled.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives
- 1 head garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lbs red potatoes (jackets on)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the tip of the head of the garlic exposing the cloves. Drizzle olive oil over the head rubbing all over the cuts. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cloves feel soft.
- Place potatoes in large pot covered with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook until fork tender; about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Add butter, milk, sour cream and 4-6 of the roasted garlic cloves to pot with hot potatoes. Cover and let sit until butter is melted. Mash with old fashioned potato masher or mixer. Stir in bacon and chives. Salt and pepper to taste.
Start with 1/3 cup of milk and add more if the consistency is too thick.
The garlic will push right out of the clove if you gently squeeze on the bottom.
You can reserve 1 slice of chopped bacon and 1 tablespoon chives for the top. The number of garlic cloves you add should coincide with how much you like garlic.
Other delicious sides you will love!!