These Beer Battered Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce are the most delicious way to prepare onion rings. The beer batter can be prepared in a few minutes and they are consistently good every time!
My husband is an absolute fanatic when it comes to onion rings. He LOVES THEM!! Now add some beer batter and he thinks that he died and went to heaven. It was no surprise that he was munching down these Beer Battered Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce like there was no tomorrow. They really are so easy and you can deep fry them or cook them in a heavy pan like a dutch oven using a thermometer. The sweet lime mayo dipping sauce is quick to come together and can be prepared ahead of time. Hubby got a new fryer from his employer for some kind of milestone so we deep fried this batch but we have made them in the dutch oven with a lot less oil with great success. Are you an onion ring fan?
Have you tried any of my other appetizers? Here are some more appetizer recipes for your enjoyment!
- Crispy Parmesan Fried Tortellini
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Toasted Ravioli
- Easy Cocktail Meatballs
- Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
- Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Little Smokies
- Reuben Dip
The batter for these Beer Battered Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce can be whipped together in a matter of minutes. I dip the onions in a little flour to help the batter stick. A quick dunk in the batter and then into the hot oil and presto we have delicious hot beer battered onion rings that taste better than the restaurants. Now dip one of those bad boys into my sweet and spicy Lime Mayo Sauce and I can totally understand my husbands obsession.
So if you love onions and you love beer batter then put these Beer Battered Onion Rings recipe on your to try immediately list. You and your loved ones will be tickled pink.
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 large sweet onions rough skins removed, cut into 1/2 inch rings and seperated
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1-1 1/2 cups beer
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In small bowl combine mayo, ketchup, pepper, 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, garlic and lime juice.
- Set 1/4 cup of flour aside on a shallow plate. In medium bowl combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, cumin, pepper, garlic powder, beaten egg and 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups beer depending on how thick you want the batter.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Dip onion rings in flour on shallow plate and then into batter. Fry battered onion rings in the hot oil until browned, about 4 minutes. Place on paper towels while working in small batches.
- Serve hot with Lime Mayo Sauce
I personally like working better with the batter when it is thin so I use 1 1/2 cups of beer. You can start with one cup and add more as you work with it till you get it to the consistency that you like.
Other delicious crispy onion recipes you will love!