Simple yet elegant these delectable Roasted Rosemary Potatoes make the perfect side for chicken, ham, turkey and roast beef. The prep time on these mouthwatering spuds is less than ten minutes. I love to serve them with Lemon Pepper Chicken and Ham Steak with Honey Mustard Glaze.
Are you a spud lover? We are most definitely! I would eat potatoes with every meal if I thought I could get away with it. These delectable potatoes are stirred up in one big bowl. Do you hate dishes? Throw it all in a disposable seal bag, shake it and then throw the bag away. These babies really are ready in a snap! I picked up a bag of small red, yellow and purple potatoes but you can make this recipe with just small red or yellow potatoes.
See how incredibly delicious these potatoes look? Wait till you taste them!! You will be wondering how you made it this long without these in your life!
How do you make Roasted Rosemary Potatoes?
First wash and dry your potatoes well. Then cut the potatoes in half. I like to do some of the larger ones lengthwise. As you cut them throw them in a bowl or large Ziploc bag. Now add the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh snipped rosemary. Stir or shake to coat. Spread them out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for around 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Flip halfway through the cooking process so everything browns evenly.
Helpful tips for making Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- Any type of new or baby potato will work for this recipe. They have thinner more tender skins than regular potatoes and are slightly more perishable so they should be eaten within a few days.
- If at all possible use fresh rosemary. It is very fragrant, delicious and well worth every penny!
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese not the cheap stuff you buy in the canister.
- Fresh rosemary is so easy to snip using kitchen scissors. Simply hold the sprig in one hand and snip the green needles with your other hand.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper so your potatoes do not stick and they brown perfectly.
- Spread your potatoes with enough room for the heat of the oven to get between the potatoes and brown them real well.
- For best results flip halfway through the cooking process so everything browns evenly.
Other potato recipes you will love!
- Pan Fried Potatoes and Green Beans
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Chives
- Maple Bacon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
New or baby potatoes tossed with olive oil, Parmesan and fresh rosemary then roasted to golden perfection.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes scrubbed, dried and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh snipped rosemary to a large bowl. Stir to coat. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through; flipping halfway through the cooking process.
Keywords: roasted red potatoes with rosemary, rosemary garlic potatoes, rosemary red potatoes