Shrimp Scampi is one of the easiest most elegant dishes that you can prepare.
If you have ten minutes and love shrimp like I do this wonderful burst of flavor is perfect for you! Be careful not to overcook your shrimp. Those little guys cook up real fast!
Spend a little extra and get the large count wild caught shrimp. The wild caught taste better than the farm raised shrimp and I think they are a little better for you. Who knows what they are feeding those farm raised shrimp?
- 1 lb shrimp shelled and de-veined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I use Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1-2 pinches crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta to box instructions
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet. Add garlic and cook for one minute over medium heat. Add shrimp (in a single layer) and white wine and cook on high for 2-3 minutes; flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Wine should reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and add oregano, minced parsley, crushed red pepper and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with angel hair pasta and fresh Parmesan.