I am sure you have heard of chicken salad well this is its delectable twin sister Sweet Smokey Ham Salad. It is a similar concept with a totally different taste. It combines smoked ham, mayo. celery, pickles, Dijon mustard and a hint of dill. You can serve it with crustinis, soft sweet rolls, or with veggies like celery so you scoop it up!
Don’t add any salt until you taste it as ham has a lot of salt in it already. A little pepper might be in order! I used sweet Parmesan herb rolls but it would be equally delicious on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or even Rye Bread.
You can prepare this in a matter of minutes by running the ham thru the food processor or if you like a larger more consistent cut you can cut it by hand. I like to cut the other veggies by hand as I can get really carried away with that pulse button. Does that ever happen to you? You are going to love this Sweet & Smokey Ham Salad as it is easy to prepare and delicious every single time!!
Sweet & Smokey Ham Salad
- 1 1/4 lbs smoked ham
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups chopped bread and butter pickles
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 6 delectable sweet buns
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Cut ham into small sections and pulse in food processor 6-7 times or until desired consistency. Place in large bowl. Add onion, pickles, mustard, celery, mayo, pickle juice and dill. Stir until combined.
- Brush buns with butter. Toast under broiler until lightly browned. Split ham salad between rolls.
Other delicious sandwiches you might want to try!
Egg Salad Sandwich
BLT Chicken Salad Sandwich