These Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping are just heavenly. They are crunchy on the outside, sweet and soft on the inside and plump full of juicy sweet blueberries.
Calling all blueberry lovers and you know who you are!! Blueberries are by far my favorite fruit! They are just perfect in every way!! They are just so versatile and are full of anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Following strawberries blueberries are the second most popular berry in the United States. These Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping are simply amazing. They are crunchy on the outside and sweet & soft on the inside with just the right amount of blueberries.
These fabulous Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping come together quickly. They bake up just perfect every time and they are one of our absolute favorite muffins!! Are you a huge blueberry lover like myself. Here are some of our favorite blueberry recipes. Some are mine and some are from some of my favorite bloggers.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
- Blueberry Mojito
- Blueberry Shortcake
- Blueberry Cheesecakes in Mason Jars
- Blueberry Orange Cream Cheese Cookies
- Blueberry Buckle
The topping on these Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping is an absolute essential. It puts the muffins over the top and gives the muffin a perfect crunch achieving that better than bakery style taste we are all longing for. These muffins are perfect for weekday on the run breakfasts yet fancy enough for a Mother’s Day brunch. Here are couple of helpful hints to send these Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping over the top.
- Add a tablespoon of batter to the muffin pan before folding in the blueberries to keep the berries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Spray liberally with nonstick baking spray or grease well. You don’t want your beautiful creations sticking.
- Remove muffins from tin after 5-10 minutes. I cover the tin with a large clean kitchen towel and and carefully invert. I lose a little bit of the crumb topping but the muffins are all lightly crispy on the outside and non of them are damaged from trying to get them out with a knife.
Put these simply AMAZING Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping on your to try list today. In fact the weekend is almost here and these would be a fabulous treat for you and your loved ones.
Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter softened and cut in four tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- In small bowl using a fork mix brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, butter and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 count muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In medium bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. In small bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk and oil. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture: stirring just until combined. Using a tablespoon spoon one tablespoon of batter into each muffin hole (this will help keep your blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). Fold blueberries in remaining batter. Spoon batter into the muffin holes dividing equally. Divide crumb topping that you aside equally over the top of the muffins.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes. Check after 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin after cooling for 5-10 minutes. See helpful hints above.
Other muffin recipes you will love!!