This three ingredient Candied Bacon is a cinch to prepare and it is so incredibly good. It really should come with an intervention program because this pig candy is addicting. I like to use it on my Grilled Chicken Bacon Pepper Jack Ciabatta and Monterey Jack Cheddar Ranch Bacon Bread.
How do you make Candied Bacon?
This bacon is made with three easy ingredients. It is as simple as spreading a thin layer of brown sugar sprinkled with fresh ground black pepper over bacon and cooking for around 12-15 minutes. Then simply remove from the oven, flip and sprinkle a little more brown sugar on the bacon (using the flat part of a spoon to spread it this time because it is hot) and a little more freshly ground black pepper. Then bake for another 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. There is really nothing to it.
Helpful tips for making Candied Bacon
- I like to season the bacon with fresh ground black pepper but it also delicious with a light sprinkle of cayenne, chili powder or smoked paprika.
- I have made this recipe with both medium and thick sliced bacon. For medium sliced bacon use a lighter coat of brown sugar. For thicker sliced bacon you can use a little more brown sugar. The thicker bacon takes longer to cook and brown therefore allowing for a slightly heavier coating.
- For easier clean up cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Leftovers should be placed in a zipper storage bag or an airtight container and stored in the fridge. To warm and re-crisp heat in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Chop this delectable bacon and use in quesadillas, omelettes, cold and warm dips, salads, casseroles and soups.
- Use whole slices on burgers, sandwiches and wraps.
- Add as a garnish to your favorite Bloody Mary recipe and surprise your guests.
This delectable bacon is the perfect party appetizer and it complements so many dishes! Add it to your to try list today and let me know what you think.
Other bacon recipes you will love!Print
This three ingredient candied bacon (aka pig candy) is a bacon lovers dream come true. It is the winning party appetizer or add it to omelettes, pizzas, soups, salads, sandwiches and wraps. Let the love affair begin.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound medium cut bacon (not too thin)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place an oven proof wired rack over the aluminum foil.
- Arrange the bacon on the wire rack in a single layer with no overlapping. If need be work in batches. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar and black pepper. Use the back-end of a spoon to smooth it and spread it evenly. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove the bacon from the oven and flip it. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar and black pepper. Use the back-end of a spoon to smooth it and spread it evenly. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using tongs move the bacon to parchment paper so it does not stick to the cooling rack. Let it cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container or zipper bag in the refrigerator.
Keywords: candied bacon, pig candy, how to make candied bacon, game day food, bacon recipes,