This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball has a delicious creamy ranch base with plenty of crisp smoked bacon, sharp cheddar, fresh green onions and sweet pecans. Serve it with pretzel twists, assorted crackers or crostini. It is a cinch to put together and a real crowd pleaser.
It is perfect for holiday soirees, neighborhood shindigs, wedding showers, game day parties, family movie night and much more. I love to serve it with Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and Cream Cheese Wontons with Chicken and Pepper Jack.
Nothing goes better or faster at any party than a delicious classic creamy cheese ball. They are always such a hit and you can make them several days in advance. In fact it is best to make it at least a day in advance of your event. It needs time to chill and mold into a nice round ball so it is sturdy when you roll it through all the ingredients that make up its coating.
How do you make a Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball?
Start by gathering, chopping and shredding all your ingredients. Next using a stand or hand mixer on a medium speed work up that cream cheese until is smooth and creamy with no lumps. Now add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire Sauce, ranch seasoning, garlic powder and dried parsley. Then turn the mixer to stir and add half of the chopped bacon and half of the chopped green onion.
Now lay out a large piece of plastic wrap. Spoon the cheese into a ball shape and bring up the sides of the plastic wrap to cover the cheese ball. Using the wrapping process help shape the cheese into a ball. For best results refrigerate the ball overnight or up to six days. Place it back in the coldest part of the fridge and this will help get it good and sturdy so you can roll it in the toppings.
When you are twenty minutes away from serving spread your toppings out on a shallow plate. Remove the ball from the refrigerate and carefully unwrap. Now gently roll the cheese ball through the chopped pecans, bacon and green onions. Finally place on a serving platter with assorted pretzels, crackers or crostini.
What do you serve with a Cheese Ball?
- Assorted crackers
- Pretzels including sticks and crisps
- Apple and pear slices
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Bagel chips
Helpful tips for making this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Pull the cream cheese out of the refrigerator in advance and bring it to room temperature.
- Use a good smoked nitrate free bacon and cook it quite crispy so it maintains that crispiness.
- Take the chopped ingredients for the topping and sort them individually in separate sandwich bags in their best stored environment. For instance pecans are best stored at room temperature and bacon and green onions in the refrigerator.
- Use a good quality tasty sharp cheddar cheese.
- Don’t get too hung up on molding this into the perfect ball. Some how it always works out and there will be several opportunities to shape it a little more.
- I have always found it best to refrigerate cheese balls for at least 24 hours. However I have done it in a few hours by not softening the cream cheese quite as much, by not working it as much with the mixer and by cutting the sour cream in half.
- Very important tip! Do not roll in the toppings until 20 minutes before serving. If you know it is going to be several days hold up on cooking and chopping the bacon and the chopping of the green onions and pecans.
- If wrapped, re-wrapped properly, and stored in a cool spot in the refrigerator this cheese ball will last about a week.
More appetizer recipes you will love!!
- Mashed Potato Cakes
- Baked Shrimp Toast
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe
- Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
- Cajun Shrimp Sausage Skewers
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
This party popular cheese ball brings all your favorite flavors together like ranch, sweet garlic, smokey bacon, fresh green onions and buttery pecans.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese finely grated
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch seasoning or ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices crispy cooked bacon coarsely chopped (reserve half)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (reserve half)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Using a stand with paddle attachment or hand mixer on a medium speed work up the cream cheese until is smooth and creamy with no lumps. Add cheddar cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire Sauce, ranch seasoning, dried parsley and garlic powder. Turn the mixer to stir and add half of the chopped bacon and half of the chopped green onions.
- Spoon the cheese into a ball shape on a large piece of plastic wrap. Bring up the sides of the plastic wrap to cover the cheese ball. Use the wrapping process to help shape the cheese into a ball. Refrigerate the ball for at least several hours up to overnight.
- Place reserved bacon, reserved green onions and pecans on a shallow plate. Remove the ball from the refrigerator and carefully unwrap. Gently roll the cheese ball through the toppings on the plate. Place on serving platter with assorted pretzels, crackers or crostini.
- Prep time does not include chilling time.
- You can make this ball up to six days in advance but do not apply the toppings until right before serving.
Keywords: bacon cheese ball, cheese ball, ranch cheese ball, appetizers using cream cheese, bacon cheddar ranch cheese ball, easy bacon ranch cheese ball, bacon ranch green onion cheese ball