Well Sunday mornings are always fantastic times to create something healthy and delicious.
Cut about two cups each of zucchini and yellow squash in 1/8 inches slices.
Sprinkle with sea salt and place in a colander to help drain off excess liquid. Chop 1/2 cup of red onion.
Spray pie plate well with cooking spray. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and arrange around the pie plate like shown. Easy peezy walk a weezy as my kids say.
Saute the squash and onion on medium high until they are starting to brown and soften. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Add the chopped bacon and ham to the egg mixture.
Add the oregano, basil and parsley to the cooled squash mixture and mix in gently.
Arrange the cooked squash in the bottom of your pie plate. Don’t they look just so delicious and healthy.
Add the mozzarella and the asiago on top of the squash in the pie plate.
Pour the egg mixture on top and tell everyone to get out of the kitchen. Don’t they know that masterpieces take time!!
Load that bad boy in the oven and finish the kids breakfast as they don’t like veggies. Silly people. Cook for 45 minutes. I am sure you have plenty to do while that is cooking. I know I do!!
Yummy. Looks delicious.
Serve with a little fresh fruit. It always seems to make the perfect balance for a quiche. Happy healthy eating.Print
Crustless Summer Squash, Tomato, Bacon and Ham Quiche
- 2 cups zucchini cut 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cups yellow squash cut 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- cooking spray
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup half n half
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 slices crisp cooked bacon diced
- 2 slices ham diced
- 3 large whole eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago
- Sprinkle zucchini and yellow squash with sea salt and place in colander. Allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Arrange cherry tomato halves around the outer edge of the pie plate.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add squash, zucchini, and red onion saute for 5 minutes or until squash and zucchini are tender, stirring frequently. Cool the squash mixture slightly. Add the oregano, basil and parsley to the cooled squash mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup skim milk and the next 6 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange squash mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Place the grated cheese on top of the squash mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and squash.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.