This delicious Mediterranean Couscous Salad combines couscous with cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, Kalamata Olives, and feta cheese all drizzled with an easy three ingredient lemon vinaigrette. I love to serve it for a light summer lunch or dinner.
How to make Mediterranean Couscous salad
Start by cooking the couscous according to package instructions and let it cool a bit while you cut the vegetables. Then in a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and pepper. Now combine the cooled couscous, cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, garbanzo beans, Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, and basil ribbons. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- English cucumbers work best for this recipe because they have thinner skins and less seeds therefore they hold less water. However in a pinch you most certainly could use standard garden cucumbers
- I used grape tomatoes just because they are particularly sweet and tasty however you can use any kind of fresh ripe tomatoes.
- Chop the vegetables and olives fairly fine so you get a little bit of everything in each bite.
- No added salt is needed in this recipe. The Kalamata Olives and Feta are naturally salty so hold back on any added salt.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
What can you substitute for Feta Cheese?
Feta cheese really goes well with this salad because of its salty, tangy, and rich flavor. However I always get a few readers that just do not like Feta Cheese. There are other alternatives like queso fresco and Cotija. Both of these cheeses are mild crumbly Mexican cheeses that are widely available at most grocery stores. It will no longer be an authentic Mediterranean dish but it will still be delicious.
Other Mediterranean dishes you will love!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
A quick and refreshing Mediterranean Couscous Salad made with instant couscous, English Cucumbers, Kalamata Olives, sun ripened tomatoes, red onion, garbanzo beans, and fresh basil all drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: side/salad
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 10 ounces uncooked instant couscous
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1–2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup chopped English cucumber
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ⅔ cup quartered grape tomatoes
- ⅔ cup garbanzo beans
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata Olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup loosely packed basil ribbons
- Cook the couscous according to package instructions and let it cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and pepper.
- Combine the cooled couscous, cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, garbanzo beans, Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, and basil ribbons. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Keywords: Greek couscous salad, couscous salad, how do you make couscous salad,