This Zucchini Chickpea Avocado Salad is so simple and amazingly delicious! Full of natures goodness it’s nutritional value is tremendous. Zucchini is a very low calorie vegetables. It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Its peel is a good source of dietary fiber. Eating chickpeas provides you with a vegetarian-friendly source of protein, with each cup of cooked garbanzo beans containing 15 grams of protein. While avocados have a high fat content, they are also packed with nutrients and are a great way to add healthy fat to your diet. Avocados are very high in omega 3 fatty acids, the good kind of fat.
Need I say more! The health benefits of this salad are true to life. Now add tomatoes, corn, feta cheese and a little red onion drizzled with a simple lime vinaigrette lightly seasoned with cumin. You know you have a great recipe when it is healthy for you, tastes wonderful and you can put it together in 5-10 minutes.
See what I mean? Enjoy your Zucchini Chickpea Avocado Salad!
Zucchini Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large summer ripened tomato chopped
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 ripe avocado peeled pitted and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In small bowl whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin and salt & pepper to taste.
- Holding box grater with largest holes facing up run zucchini along the length of shredder to create long shreds.
- In large bowl combine zucchini, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), tomato, corn, red onion and lime vinaigrette. Fold in avocado and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Other great salad you will love!
Black Bean Corn Salad
Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Saladhttps://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf