Mouthwatering baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are the perfect party appetizer, game day food or tasty snack. They can be prepared with either fresh or frozen wings and are always a hit.
Fall will be here before we know it and it will be all things football and basketball. Is there a better way to enjoy friends, family and good food? These Garlic Parmesan Chicken wings are delicious, easy and perfect for game day. Better yet this weekend is father’s day and this garlic Parmesan chicken wings recipe would hit the spot just right. These beauties are baked not fried and the recipe can accommodate both frozen and fresh. You can serve with any kind of dipping sauce but my favorites are blue cheese and ranch dressing. They are coated in garlic, Parmesan cheese and a perfect blend of spices! They are so full of tantalizing taste bud flavors!!
How do you make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings?
First arrange your chicken wings in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or covered with aluminum foil that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. I use an old cookie sheet for these. Bake them until they are lightly browned flipping halfway through the baking process. It usually takes about 40 minutes to lightly brown.
While they are cooking melt the butter and add the finely shredded Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and parsley. Gently fold in the wings and stir to coat. Return the wings to the baking sheet and bake an additional 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. For added crispness turn the broiler on for the last few minutes of cooking but keep a close eye on them because broilers are very unpredictable. If desired garnish with additional parsley and fresh Parmesan. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Helpful tips for making Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings!
- You can use either fresh or frozen wings. I usually just add a couple of extra minutes for frozen wings.
- I like my wings extra crispy. You should adjust the time based on how crispy you like them.
- For ease with clean up spray your baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Use fresh finely grated Parmesan. It is worth every penny because it is flavor packed.
- For added crispiness turn the broiler on the last few minutes of cooking but stay close because broilers are unpredictable.
- They are delicious with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
One bite of these and you will want to eat all of them! Are you doing any entertaining this summer or fall? In my world there in never a bad time for having friends and family over. Here are some more amazing appetizer recipes!
- Easy & Kid Friendly Mozzarella Pepperoni Croissants
- Beer Battered Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce
- Easy Cheese Ball
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
This post was originally published March 12, 2016 and was republished September 5. 2019 with new content.Print
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Crispy chicken wings baked with fresh Parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian parsley. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for game day, movie night and shindigs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cup fresh finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread wings in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with nonstick baking spray or covered with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Bake wings until light brown; approximately 40 minutes. Flip the wings halfway through the cooking time.
- In large bowl combine butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and parsley.
- Gently fold in wings. Return to cookie sheet and bake an additional 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. For added crispness turn broiler on for the last few minute of cooking.
- If desired garnish with extra Parmesan and parsley. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Keywords: chicken wings, garlic chicken wings, Parmesan chicken wings, garlic Parmesan chicken wings, baked garlic Parmesan chicken wings, how to make Parmesan garlic chicken wings, game day food