This recipe for Warm Bean Dip is a real crowd pleaser with creamy refried beans mixed with cream cheese, sour cream, green chiles, taco seasoning and plenty of melted Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese. It is perfect for game day parties, movie night and neighborhood shindigs. I love to serve it with Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings and Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites.
This Warm Bean Dip is so easy to fix and everyone just loves it. I love to top it with sliced jalapenos, green onions and tomatoes right down the center of the dip. That way those that want all the the goodies can take from the middle and those that want the dip without jalapenos, tomatoes and green onions can pull from the side. I like to serve good sturdy tortilla chips with this recipe since it is a hardy dip.
How do you make Warm Bean Dip?
Simply melt the cream cheese in a large skillet over very low heat. Stir in the refried beans, sour cream, taco seasoning, green chiles, a few pinches of cayenne (to taste of course) and a little bit of Monterey Jack and cheddar. Now spoon it all in a large casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Finally bake to gooey perfection and if desired cut some of your favorite toppings and spread out to make that dip look all delicious and fancy. Serve promptly with good sturdy tortilla chips!
Helpful tips for making Warm Bean Dip
- Shred your own block cheese. It is so much tastier and does not contain cellulose.
- You can use traditional refried beans or fat free refried beans. They both work out well and are delicious.
- We prefer the full fat cream cheese and full fat sour cream in this dip. But by all means if you are on a low fat diet you can certainly use the others and they will blend well and taste good.
- Use good sturdy chips for this recipe as it is real hearty dip with lots of gusto.
- This Warm Bean Dip recipe makes a lot of dip so if it is just you and the family for movie night than you may want to cut this recipe in half.
Other party food you will love!
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe
- Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Candied Bacon Crackers
Warm Bean Dip
This super creamy flavorful refried bean dip is a party favorite. It comes together in less than fifteen minutes prep time and reheats perfectly at a reduced power level in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: stove top and bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 taco Seasoning packet (either mild or hot)
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- Melt the cream cheese in a large skillet over very low heat. Stir in the refried beans, sour cream, taco seasonings, green chiles, ground cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; cook until smooth and slightly melted. Spoon into a 9×13 casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
Keywords: appetizer, bean dip, bean dip recipe, bean dip with cream cheese, cream cheese bean dip, easy bean dip recipe, game day appetizer, homemade bean dip, how to make bean dip, party appetizer, refried bean dip