Winter has clearly arrived. It is in full force here and I think the high today is around five degrees Fahrenheit. One can never have enough great slow cooker recipes for days like this. Slow Cooker Sausage Sauerkraut and Potatoes is a two step slow cooker recipe as the sausage needs to be added to the cooker after about three hours or it will cook too long and dry out. This delicious easy recipe combines chicken smoked sausage, potatoes, onions, carrots and sauerkraut in a sweetened honey mustard chicken broth. The sweetness cooks in it all day. It is the perfect winter meal that is full of hearty good for you food.
Have you tried any of my other slow cooker recipes? Crock Pot Beef Stew for Two, Crock Pot Chuck Roast and Vegetables and Crock Pot Pork and Noodles are just a few friend and family favorites. This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup from Spend with Pennies is scrumptious! We also love this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili from Baking Beauty
Slow cookers are so awesome. They are perfect in the summer because they do not heat the house up and they are perfect in the winter for providing an easy way to throw together a good for you hearty comfort food recipe. The perfect meal that makes the house smell like your own personal chef has been cooking the ultimate recipe for you all day.
Do you love your crock pot as much as I do? What is your favorite recipe to cook in the crock pot? This Slow Cooker Sausage Sauerkraut and Potatoes could easily become one of your favorites. It is amazingly easy, dependable and so darn tasty!
Slow Cooker Sausage Sauerkraut and Potatoes
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 large onion cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4-6 small red potatoes cut in eights
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces smoked chicken sausage chunked in large bite size pieces
- Place carrots, onions, potatoes and sauerkraut in crock pot. In small bowl whisk together chicken broth, cracked pepper, honey and Dijon mustard. Pour over vegetables in crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Add sausage and cook on high for additional 2 hours. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
Other sausage recipes you will love!