Lets try to wish Spring here by making a key lime pie. Nothing tastes quite as fresh as limes. Is your mouth watering yet? I made mine in springform pan but you can use a pie pan.
This pie is so darn delectable that it makes my mouth water!! The cake must cool for a minimum of two hours. I chilled mine overnight before releasing from the springform pan.
Enjoy an early taste of Spring!! Yummy!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 ounces premium white chocolate finely chopped
- 1/3 cup melted butter cooled
- 2/3 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and white chocolate finely chopped. Pour the melted butter slowly over the graham cracker mixture while combining with a fork.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a springform pan or pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Mix the Greek yogurt, key lime juice and grated lime peel for a minute or two. Add the egg yolks and the sweetened condensed milk. Mix for two minutes.
- Pour into the prebaked pie crust and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or better yet overnight.
- For an added touch add some lime slices for garnish.