This light and airy Lemon Chiffon Pie is made with a simple three ingredient graham cracker crust and an easy lemon curd that is made in the microwave. This delicious simple pie is a lemon lovers delight.
I just love lemons! Just the thought of lemon makes my mouth water. If I lived in a year round warm climate I would certainly have a lemon tree in my yard. I put lemon in my water, in my tea and in my vodka (wink wink). I don’t think I have ever prepared or ate a lemon recipe that I did not love. This mouthwatering Lip Smacking Good Lemon Chiffon Pie is my newest lemon lovers recipe and is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
How do you make Lemon Chiffon Pie?
Start by mixing the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together. Then firmly press it down and up the sides in a pie pan. Now bake it in a preheated oven for about 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Finally allow to cool for about a half hour.
Now melt a little bit of butter in the microwave and set it aside to cool. Then mix the the gelatin and water together in a small bowl and let it soften.
Grab a medium sized microwavable bowl and mix together the sugar and egg yolks. Now whisk in the lemon juice, lemon zest and the butter (that you set aside). Then microwave the mixture for 1 minute intervals stirring between each interval until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Whisk in the softened gelatin (that you set aside). Let the mixture cool for about 20 minutes. It will thicken as it cools.
Meanwhile in a clean dry bowl whip the egg whites until soft peaks form adding the sugar slowly while whipping. Gently fold the egg whites into the cooled lemon curd. Pour the mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust and chill for several hours up to overnight. If desired garnish with whipped cream and thin lemon slices.
This Lip Smacking Good Lemon Chiffon Pie is a light airy no bake lemon pie made with an easy microwave lemon curd. It has a lightly sweetened graham cracker crust and is best served the next day so it has plenty of time to set. I do recommend that you use pasteurized eggs for this pie since the whites are not cooked. Here is an article on How to Pasteurize Eggs! Some of the grocery stores do sell eggs that have already been pasteurized.
Helpful tips for making Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Always bake the graham crust as you will not be baking the pie.
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest as it has so much flavor.
- Don’t get too wrapped up in the number of steps. Just stay organized with the directions close by and it will go quickly and easily.
- Most grocery stores carry pasteurized eggs or follow the link on pasteurizing your own eggs.
- Always make sure that the bowl that you use for beating the eggs whites is clean and dry. Set the mixer on medium and beat just until soft peaks form.
- This pie is best refrigerated overnight as it really firms up well.
So if lemons make your mouth water and you are hankering for an easy spring pie than this Lip Smacking Good Lemon Chiffon Pie has your name written all over it. Put the ingredients for this luscious pie on your shopping list today and make yourself an amazing treat.
Other lemon recipes you will love!
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies
- Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Lemon Rice (A Lemon Lovers One Skillet Easy Recipe)
- Lemon Shandy
This post was originally published February 11, 2018 and was republished December 30, 2019 with new content.Print
Lemon Chiffon Pie
This Lip Smacking Good Lemon Chiffon Pie is a light airy no bake lemon pie made with an easy microwave lemon curd. It has a lightly sweetened graham cracker crust and is best served the next day so it has plenty of time to set.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: southern
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
Lemon Chiffon Pie Filling
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 pasteurized eggs separated (yolks and egg whites in different bowls)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir gelatin and water together. Let sit for 5 minutes
- In medium microwavable bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter. Microwave in one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon; approximately 4-5 minutes.While mixture is still warm whisk in softened gelatin. Allow lemon curd to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup sugar while whipping. Fold egg whites into lemon curd.
- Pour filling into graham cracker crust and chill several hours up to overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices.
I do recommend that you use pasteurized eggs in this recipe since the whites will not be cooked. I have included an article in the post about how to pasteurize your own eggs. Some grocery stores do sell eggs that have been pasteurized.
Keywords: lemon pie, pie, no bake pie, lemon chiffon pie, recipes using lemon curd, old fashioned lemon chiffon pie, lemon chiffon pie with graham cracker crust, no bake lemon chiffon pie, best lemon chiffon pie recipe, best lemon chiffon pie