Oh mercy! I usually don’t include so many photos in a post but I wanted you guys to really get the full effect of this Cheesy Steak Stuffed French Bread. Are you licking your screen yet? It is just that good.
It starts with good crusty French Bread stuffed with perfectly seasoned sauteed steak. Then this beauty is topped with gooey Mozzarella and buttery Provel cheese. It is easy and quick to put together making it the perfect lunch or even dinner.
I am including a shot of the bread hallowed out. It takes a few minutes but it is well worth the time so you can stuff all that mouth watering steak down there. As you can see I did not cut mine in half. Instead I removed the top one third going around my bread with a sharp knife at an angle that went slightly down. I then created a boat trying to leave about a half inch of bread all the way around.
See what I mean! Look at all that tasty goodness. Do something really crazy with the top third of the loaf you cut off like put it in the toaster and lather wonderful real butter all over it! You will need something to do will your steak is simmering in the skillet.
One more picture just because I can. I hope you and your family enjoy this Cheesy Steak Stuffed French Bread as much as we do. Bon Appetit my food loving friends.
Cheesy Steak Stuffed French Bread
- 1 loaf crusty french bread
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb beef steak cut into small strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup Provel ropes or Provolone shredded
- Remove top third of the loaf by cutting around the bread several times with a sharp knife. Keep the knife at an angle that goes slightly downward. Remove the insides creating a boat. Try to leave about a half inch of bread all the way around.
- Add sesame oil to skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and cook until browned and slightly crispy on the edges; approximately 5-7 minutes. If the steak produces any moisture while cooking drain right away. You don’t want your steak boiling. You want to almost stir fry it. Add garlic and continue cooking for 30 second. Stir in soy sauce, sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and ketchup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into French bread boat. Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Turn the broiler on the last minute of cooking just to brown the cheese a touch. Stay close by broilers are finicky.
Other fantastic sandwiches!
BBQ Chicken Sausage & Pepper Sandwich