Make your own fresh Crostini at home in these three no fuss steps and you won’t believe how delicious, quick and incredibly easy they are. You can add different dried herbs and spices to complement the accompanying recipe.
These homemade crostini are so darn easy and perfect for so many appetizers. I love to serve them with my Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe, and French Onion Soup. They are dependable, delicious and incredibly versatile. These delectable nuggets only take about five minutes to prep and about twenty minutes to cook.
How to make Crostini
Start by slicing your day old baquette into 1/4 inch thick slices. Now in a small bowl stir together the butter, olive oil and garlic powder. Then brush both sides of the bread with the butter mixture and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes flipping halfway through the cooking process.
Other ingredients you can add to the butter
Of course not all at once but maybe 2-3 to complement the dish that you are serving them with.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley or 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- a touch of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- a couple tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- a couple pinches of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
These homemade crostini are quick and easy, cheaper than store bought and taste so much better. Make a fresh batch today and serve it with Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 day old baquette
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut bread into 1/4 inch thick slices. In a small bowl stir together butter, olive oil and garlic powder. Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Flip halfway through the cooking process.
- If you love garlic add the the whole 1/2 teaspoon. If you like garlic add the 1/4 teaspoon.
Keywords: crostini bread, what is crostini, how to make crostini