Its that time of the year for rich savory dishes like Beef Stroganoff. This is a rich recipe with lot of tantalizing flavors for the most discriminating palate.
This recipe is easy enough for a week night and delicious enough for company!
Enjoy this delicious recipe over some egg noodles or rice!
Don’t forget a nice glass of red wine to go with it. Go ahead! You know you want it!Print
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3–4 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 3–4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 14.5 ounce low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Egg noodles or rice
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sherry and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce in a ziploc bag. Marinate sirloin steak for about one hour. Remove steak from marinade and cut in bite size pieces against the grain. Discard marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in large skillet. Brown steak on all sides. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in same skillet. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are light browned. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm. Do not wash pan.
- Add one cup of beef broth to small bowl and add the flour and cornstarch. Add to the skillet and cook over low heat until thickened stirring frequently and loosening brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Slowly add the rest of the beef broth and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce stirring frequently. Add the cream cheese, Stir frequently until the cream cheese melts. Add the sirloin and the mushroom mixture. Heat over low for 10 – 15 minutes. Slowly stir in sour cream and serve over noodles or rice.