Frittata Lorraine is filled with all kinds of delicious treats. The onions, potatoes, bacon, Swiss cheese and spinach all meld together so well!
It starts out on the stove top and ends up in the oven where it cooks to perfection with creamy cheesy goodness!
Prep time is relatively short and there is enough time in between cooking steps to fold a load of laundry or make your munchkins some pancakes!Print
- 1 potato chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly milled pepper
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until edges are lightly browned. Resist the urge to stir them too often. They only need a stir about every four minutes or so.
- Add the onions and cook until the edges are browned and the potatoes are all golden brown.
- While the potatoes and onions are cooking combine eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, pepper and cheese in a medium bowl. Stir with whisk to combine.
- Add spinach to skillet with potatoes and onions and cook just until wilted.
- Pour egg mixture over. Top with bacon and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.