Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are filled with fresh crab meat, cream cheese and a perfect blend of spices. They are fried to golden perfection and are the ultimate party appetizer.
I love appetizer type foods. I think they are my absolute favorite food group. Egg rolls are so versatile and easy to stuff and fry or bake up. Thanks to ready made egg roll skins making all kinds of great fried treats is a cinch. Once you get the hang of rolling these beauties there is no limit to what you can do with them. Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are stuffed with crab, cream cheese, green onions and the perfect blend of spices mimicking the classic crab rangoons with an extra large helping of the best part. I heat the oil in a heavy stock pot on the stove using a thermometer but a deep fryer would come in handy if you are preparing these for a holiday party or football game day fun. These Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are always a great choice as they are a party favorite and even the kids enjoy them. I do like to put real flaked cooked white crab in them albeit you don’t need a lot of crab meat to make them delicious. If that is not available to you or fresh crab is a little out of budget you can use imitation crab meat.
How to make Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls.
Mix together cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, green onions and crab meat. Lay one egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place about three rounded tablespoons in the center of each wrapper making a short horizontal lump . Bring the corner that is closest to you up and over and gently tuck it in working on any excess air bubbles. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a small amount of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
Heat oil in fryer or dutch oven to 375 degrees. Fry 2-3 at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve while warm.
We just love to entertain year round! Are you doing any entertaining in the next few months? Here are some more of our favorite appetizer recipes
- Panko Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Lettuce Wraps
- Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs
- Quick Southern Pimento Cheese
- Easy Potato Skins Recipe
- Crispy Parmesan Fried Tortellini
- Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
I love these crispy cream filled pieces of heaven. I hope you do to.
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh white cooked crabmeat flaked or diced
- 8-10 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In food processor pulse cream cheese Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and green onions several times until mixed. Stir in crab meat.
- Lay one egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place about three rounded tablespoons in the center of each wrapper making a short horizontal lump . Bring the corner that is closest to you up and over and gently tuck it in. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a small amount of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don't know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package with pictures).
- Heat oil in heavy stockpot or saucepan to 365 degrees. Fry them 2-3 at a time (depending on the size of your pan) for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the heat to charge back up in between batches. Place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
I have had a few readers contact me and tell that they think 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce is too much. We really like it and so do our friends however please add 1 teaspoon at at time so you can stop the processor and taste.
I used king crab.
I have also had several readers contact me about the cost of crab so I am lowering the amount to 1/2 lb. This may lessen the amount of egg rolls by 1-2 but if you chop the crab finally you get some in every bite.
Other delicious recipes you will love!!