Doritos Taco Salad is a delectable combination of romaine, tomatoes, green peppers, black beans, corn, black olives, seasoned ground beef and crunchy Doritos in a slightly spicy ranch dressing. It is a meal in itself but I love to serve it with my Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail or Raspberry Margaritas.
Spring has finally arrived and with it come lots of amazing salads. Doritos Taco salad is no exception to that rule. This beautiful salad is a family favorite. It comes together quickly and can be changed up so easily! Maybe you would rather sub fresh sliced avocados for the green peppers. Perhaps you don’t like black olives and you would rather have red onions.
The dressing comes together fast taking full advantage of your favorite bottled ranch. I like to purchase the Simply Dressed Ranch Dressing from Marzetti. It does not contain preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, added MSG, or artificial flavors. This is not an endorsement for it. I just really like it!! I then add a few things to add a little zip and zest bringing this salad to it’s finest.
Tips for making Doritos Taco Salad
- Let the taco seasoned beef cool a bit before adding it. You don’t want it to wilt your lettuce!
- Don’t add the dressing or the chips until you are ready to toss and serve!
- For an added twist blacken your corn!
- If you don’t like a particular ingredient swap it out for another. As I always say don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
- The salad dressing can be mixed up to 2 days in advance.
Other ingredients you can add to Doritos Taco Salad
- Fresh avocado
- Pico de gallo
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Blackened chicken
So if you are having a hankering for a downright awesome salad than this Doritos Taco Salad is right up your alley. It comes together quickly, looks beautiful and tastes oh so good. Your loved ones will be singing your praises and you can feel good about the nutritious food your feeding them.
More tasty salad recipes you will love!
- Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad with Fresh Italian Dressing
- Balsamic Chicken Berry Salad
- Arugula Salad with Berries
This post was originally published April 15, 2018 and was republished February 18, 2020 with new content.Print
Doritos Taco Salad
A fun and easy taco salad with seasoned ground beef, black olives, tomatoes, corn, black beans, a healthy helping of cheese and Doritos Tortilla Chips. It is all tossed with an easy four ingredient dressing that starts with your favorite bottled ranch.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Southwestern
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (I use Marzetti Simply Ranch)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (see notes)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 can (15.25 ounce) corn drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack blend cheese
- 2 cups crushed nacho flavored Doritos
- In small bowl whisk together ranch dressing, salsa, mayonnaise and adobo sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- In large skillet brown ground beef, drain excess grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Let beef cool 10-15 minutes before adding it to the salad.
- In large serving bowl add iceberg lettuce. Top with green pepper, black olives, tomato, corn, black beans, cheddar jack cheese and seasoned cooked beef.
- Right before serving add crushed Doritos and dressing. Toss to coat.
I get my adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce. I save the leftover peppers and sauce for other recipes. They should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be found in the hispanic food section of your grocery.
You can substitute 1-2 pinches of cayenne for the adobo sauce.
Keywords: seasoned ground beef, taco salad, chipotle ranch dressing, how to make Doritos taco salad, taco salad with Doritos chips, taco salad with tortilla chips, easy Doritos taco salad