These cookies are a fabulous treat. A soft fudge cookie with a plump sweet maraschino cherry right in the center and then drizzled with a chocolate fudge sauce. Who could ask for more? Not only are they a delectable treat but they are so attractive. See what I mean!
The recipe is predictable, easy and the presentation is party worthy! They freeze well in single layers!
You will not be disappointed with the results. Bon appetit!Print
Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cherry juice (from maraschino cherry jar)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 30-36 jarred maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice (from maraschino cherry jar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter & both sugars with mixer. Add eggs one at a time and mix in.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup dry mixture to butter mixture. Blending after each addition just until combined and scraping side of mixer bowl as needed. Add vanilla and 2 teaspoons cherry juice and mix just until combined. Remove bowl from mixer and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Butter hands and roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Using thumb press small indentation in center of cookie and place maraschino cherry in hole.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk on low. When melted add cherry juice. Drizzle over cooled cookies.