Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup is family friendly, super simple and good anytime of the year. It is the perfect blend of ground beef and garden fresh vegetables. I love to serve this with a warm crusty baguette or Cheddar Drop Biscuits with Chive Butter.
Calling all soup lovers. You can’t ask for much better that this Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup!! The taste is superb, preparation is easy and it is so filling that you really don’t need anything else. This delicious soup brings ground beef, onions. celery, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, corn, potatoes and a perfect blend of spices together in a warm vegetable stock. It is the perfect comfort meal and is filling enough not to leave you looking for any extras.
I love to cook this delectable soup in my dutch oven but any heavy stockpot will do. It only takes about one hour to bring this soup to completion and the vegetables can be cut in a sequence that the recipe keeps you moving forward as it cooks. Are you super fond of soups like we are?
How do you make Hamburger Vegetable Soup?
Start by browning your ground beef in a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot. When the ground beef is about halfway done browning add the onions, carrots and celery. Continue cooking until the beef is fully browned and the onions are somewhat translucent and browned on the edges. Drain any excess grease from the pot.
Now turn the heat to low and add the oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder and cook for about one minute. Then add the vegetable stock, potatoes and green beans and simmer for twenty minutes. Finally add the fire roasted tomatoes and corn. Simmer for about fifteen minutes or until everything is tender.
Helpful tips for making Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Dutch ovens are perfect for making soup but if you don’t have one a heavy stockpot will work as well.
- Lean ground beef works well so you don’t have as much fat to drain off.
- Use red or yellow potatoes for soup. They will maintain their shape during the cooking process without breaking down. Do not use Russet Potatoes as they will break down.
- In a hurry? No problem use a frozen vegetable mix and save yourself some time.
- Simmer just until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with Easy Sweet Maple Dinner Rolls or French baguettes with soft butter.
We love this simple delectable recipe. You can easily prepare this for a couple of people or for a whole crowd. Are you always in a hurry cut your onions, celery, carrots and trim your green beans ahead of time. This scrumptious soup is a family favorite and is perfect for a weeknight meal. True love is always better shared over a pot of warm soup! Put this easy recipe on your to try list this week. Your family will be singing your praises.
Other soup recipes you will love!
This post was originally published March 24, 2018 and was republished October 13, 2019 with new content.Print
Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup
A quick and easy family friendly soup made with ground beef, garden vegetables and a perfect blend of Italian seasonings.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 bowls 1x
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large red potatoes cut in small cubes
- 2 cups fresh green beans trimmed and cut in one inch pieces
- 1 can (15.25 ounce) corn drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In dutch oven or large stockpot brown ground beef. When ground beef is halfway done browning add onion, celery and carrots. Continue cooking until beef is fully browned and onions are starting to soften. Drain any excess grease.
- Turn heat to low and add oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook for 1 minute stirring continuously. Add vegetable broth, potatoes and green beans. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add corn and fire roasted tomatoes; simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes, carrots and green beans are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: easy hamburger vegetable soup, ground beef vegetable soup, hamburger soup, hamburger vegetable soup, hamburger vegetable soup recipe, homemade hamburger vegetable soup, homemade vegetable soup with hamburger, recipes using ground beef, vegetable beef soup with hamburger