Quick and Crispy Corn Fritters are the perfect accompaniment for fried chicken or grilled Kielbasa sausage. They are delicious with warm maple syrup or with a slightly spicy aioli.
Calling all corn lovers! Oh yeah that would be me, my family and my friends. Nothing better than old style Quick and Crispy Corn Fritters! Oh my goodness now my mouth is watering just thinking about them. I love them so!! These beauties are perfect with so many meals. You can serve them for dinner with Easy Pan Fried Chicken and Cream Gravy or Skillet Sausage and Potatoes. They are perfect for breakfast as an accompaniment to Baked Creamy Herb Parmesan Eggs. Serve with warm maple syrup on the side. The possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination.
These Quick and Crispy Corn Fritters are so quick to come together. You can have the batter whipped up in about fives minutes and the cook time in the skillet is under three minutes for each batch. These beauties combine sweet corn in a perfectly seasoned batter that crisps up on the edges but is sweet, tender and so tasty on the inside. It will remind you of your Grandmothers home-style cooking.
They are best served right out of the skillet with warm maple syrup or if you like it a little spicy a chipotle pepper aioli. You can find a recipe for that in my Onion Straws with Chipotle Pepper Aioli. You could even go a completely different route and serve them with fresh strawberry jam.
We are huge corn nuts around here! Here are some more delectable corn recipes
- Cornbread Salad
- Easy Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Oven Roasted Corn
- Fresh Corn Salsa
- Black Eyed Pea Kielbasa Sausage Corn Chowder
- Cheddar Corn Scallion Beer Bread
Put these delectable Quick and Crispy Corn Fritters on your to try list today. Believe me when I tell you that you will be happy as a lark as soon as you sink your teeth into these. As a matter of fact double the batch and make sure that everyone in your family gets a few. They are just that good!
Quick and Crispy Corn Fritters
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Optional: Warm maple syrup
- Be sure to thaw your corn an hour or so prior to starting the recipe.
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun Seasoning, milk, egg and butter. Fold in corn.
- In large skillet over medium high heat 1 tablespoon canola oil till sizzling . Drop spoonfuls of batter into skillet. Brown on both sides. Add another tablespoon of canola oil for second batch. Serve immediately with warm maple syrup.
This batch makes eight fritters. They go fast so you might want to double it.
Other corn recipes you will love!