This scrumptious Peach Dump Cake is a cinch to make and always a huge hit at potlucks, family reunions and neighborhood gatherings. With a little planning this delectable cake can be prepped and in the oven about fifteen minutes. I like to make this with fresh or frozen peaches. As they are so incredibly flavorful and they hold their structure better than canned.
We just love peaches especially fresh Georgia, South Carolina and of course Missouri peaches. In fact I have never met a peach that I did not love. This recipe, Peach Crisp, Peach Coffee Cake and Fresh Peach Salsa are just a few of our favorite peach recipes.
Why this recipe works
- This easy to make recipe is in the oven in less than 15 minutes making it the perfect dessert for busy families with limited time.
- Using fresh or frozen peaches really brings out the natural flavor with a little bit of firmness for that fresh fruit texture.
- All the ingredients in this recipe are easily found at your local grocery store and there are no special skills required so even the beginner cook can handle this treat.
How to make a Peach Dump Cake
First in a large bowl combine the peaches, sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, apple pie spice, and lemon juice. Let it sit for a few minutes while you find the baking dish and chop the pecans. Then spoon the peaches into the baking dish, sprinkle with the cake mix, cover with pats of butter and sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Bake for about 45 minutes in a preheated oven. Let sit for 5-7 minutes after removing from the oven. Serve warm a la mode with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Use about 2 lbs fresh or frozen peeled peaches. Are you always in a hurry? No problem purchase 3 (15 ounces) canned peaches in heavy syrup and skip the sugars, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Follow the rest of the recipe instructions.
- The cake is sprinkled on dry and no other ingredients listed on the cake box are needed.
- Chopped walnuts can be substituted for the pecans.
- This dessert is delicious served warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight freezer container for up to 3 months.
More dump cake recipes you will love!Print
Peach Dump Cake
This quick and easy Peach Dump Cake takes less than fifteen minutes to get in the oven and is made with fresh or frozen peaches giving it spectacular flavor and texture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs fresh or frozen peaches
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) yellow butter cake mix
- 10 tablespoons butter cut into thin pats
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the peaches, sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, apple pie spice, and lemon juice. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the peaches into a 9×13 inch baking dish, sprinkle with the dry cake mix, cover with the pats of butter and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 15 minutes. If cake browns too much for your liking cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let sit for 5-7 minutes after removing from the oven.
Keywords: easy peach dump cake, how to make a peach dump cakes, peach cobbler with cake mix