Do you like Philly Steak & Cheese but don’t need or want the carbs! Here is your solution! This is fabulously delicious and easy!
You will find yourself fixing it again and again! Oh my friends this has wonderful flavors! If you don’t believe me just ask my family!
It has a scrumptiously spicy sauce that melds the steak, peppers and cheese into one tantalizing treat!
- 1.5 lbs beef steak cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 large green pepper julienned
- 1 large red pepper julienned
- 1 large orange or yellow pepper julienned
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups of provel ropes or grated provolone cheese
- Add 1 tablespoon each olive oil and sesame oil to skillet over medium high heat. Keeping heat high enough brown steak. Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add more oil if necessary and add onions. Cook on high until lightly browned on edges.Remove from pan and place over beef, cover and keep warm.
- Add more oil if necessary and add peppers. Cook on high until lightly browned on edges. Remove from pan and place over onions, cover and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add a little more sesame oil to skillet over low heat; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add brandy and cook to reduce by 1/2. Add ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sriracha and ketchup. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add steak, onions and peppers back to the skillet. Top with cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes turn oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
I like to marinate my steak with a little red wine vinegar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for a few hours before making this. Cover the handle of the skillet before placing in oven if is not oven proof. Be careful adding Brandy over open flame as alcohol is flammable.