This simple Vinegar Coleslaw is quick to come together, dependable and healthy. It is the perfect side for all your spring and summer grilling. It goes great with ribs, burgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken and pork.
I bet you are so ready for summer. I know we are! It has been a long cold winter and every once a while winter still tries to rear it’s ugly head. I have fired up my grill a couple of times but I can’t wait to make it a daily occurrence. Tonight we are going to grill up some marinated chicken breasts and serve it with this Vinegar Coleslaw. I think I will even slide in a couple of tablespoons of minced jalapeno for a little pick me up. No worries if you like things a lot cooler the jalapeno in this recipe is optional.
This Vinegar Coleslaw brings crisp shredded cabbage, red onions, peppery radishes, mild Anaheim and banana peppers and sweet pimentos into a tasty five ingredient vinegar and oil dressing. This dish can be prepared in a matter of minutes. I think this dish is best fixed a couple of hour in advance but many times I have mixed right before grilling and it was still delicious.
Are you planning on doing some serious grilling this summer? Here are a few of my favorite sides. Each recipe has been family tested and is delicious!
- Grandma’s Creamy Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Creamy Macaroni Salad
- Zesty Sweet Four Bean Salad
- Baked Spicy Smoky White Beans
Make sure you put this delectably tangy Vinegar Slaw on your to try list today. Before you know it we will be grilling up a storm. As a matter my grill is calling me now! Bon appetit my food loving friends.Print
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 thinly sliced head of green cabbage
- 1 thinly sliced Anaheim pepper
- 1 thinly sliced banana pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 jar (7 ounce) diced pimentos
- Optional 1 minced jalapeno
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, cumin and olive oil.
- In large bowl combine cabbage, peppers, red onion, radishes, pimentos and jalapeno (if using).
- Drizzle dressing over cabbage mix and stir gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill before serving.