These Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds are a quick easy treat that the whole family can enjoy. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Do you like almonds? Do you like Smoke House Almonds? I love them. These Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds are even better than Smoke House Almonds. You are going to love them. Almonds are so good for you. Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, magnesium, protein and vitamin E. They help lower blood sugar levels and reduce blood pressure. They keep your hunger satisfied and can help promote weight loss.
How do you make Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds?
First in a large bowl whisk together butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried basil, onion powder and ground cayenne pepper. Add the almonds and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake the almond about twenty minutes flipping several times. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt to taste. After fully cooling the almonds store them in a Ziploc freezer bag or an airtight container.
These Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds are seasoned perfectly with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, onion and garlic. Then they are roasted to perfection. Don’t waste your time purchasing seasoned almonds because these are amazing! They can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and the smell emanating from the oven is incredible. They are the perfect snack for people watching their carbs and sugars.
Helpful tips for making Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds
- Buy good quality raw almonds. We buy ours from Costco and the price is really good.
- Use good old butter! Unsalted or salted will do the trick.
- Do not crowd the cookie sheet so there is space for the heat to roast the almonds.
- Flip the almonds several times to they cook more evenly and roast on both sides.
- Season to taste!! If you like things with a lot of heat add more cayenne or a shot of hot sauce. If you like things more mild than cut back on the cayenne.
- The nuts will stay good up to about ten days stored in an airtight container.
Other recipes you will love with almonds!
- Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Garlic
- Beet Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
- Broccoli Slaw with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Turkey Cranberry Pasta Salad
This post was originally published February 16, 2017 and was republished July 13, 2019 with new content.Print
Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds
Super easy to make flavor packed smokey and spicy roasted almonds.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Southern
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl whisk butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried basil, onion powder and cayenne. Add almonds and toss to coat. Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes flipping several times. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- After fully cooling store in Ziploc freezer bag or airtight container.
Keywords: roasted nuts, roasted almonds, smokey roasted almonds, spicy roasted almonds, seasoned roasted almonds