To me the Sloppy Joe is as all American as hot dogs and french fries. My family just loves these simple yet tasty Super Easy Family Friendly Sloppy Joes! They are the perfect blend of ingredients without being overly spicy or ridiculously bland. Now if you are like a lot of my readers and you like the heat than I suggest a pinch of crushed red pepper, a pinch of cayenne or even one teaspoon of sriracha.
The Sloppy Joe has been around since the 1950s. It came about as a variation on what used to be referred to as loose meat sandwiches. Legend has it that Joe, a cook at Floyd Angell’s café in Sioux City, Iowa, added tomato sauce to a loose meat sandwich and that was the start of what we now call the Sloppy Joe. Thanks Joe! I appreciate your creativity and so does my family!!
My husband just loves ground beef meals. Ground beef is so versatile and the flavor, pasta combinations are endless. One Pot Beef and Macaroni, Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy and Layered Taco Salad are just a few of hubby’s favorite ground beef recipes. Do you have a favorite hamburger recipe?
These delectable Super Easy Family Friendly Sloppy Joes are quick to come together with onions, green bell peppers, Kansas city style barbecue sauce, Dijon mustard and a touch of Worcestershire sauce. They are simmered for about twenty minutes over low heat. Serve over any soft roll or for a change serve over cooked rice or egg noodles
Live life on the edge and put these taste bud crowd pleasers on your list. Your family will be singing your praises but you won’t hear them because you will be feeding your face!
More easy ground beef recipes!
- Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- One Post Spaghetti and Meat Sauce Stove Top Recipe
- Ground Beef Tacos
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup Kansas City style barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 8-10 soft hamburger buns
- Over medium heat in large skillet brown ground beef. Drain any excess grease. Add onion and pepper and cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Add cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, barbecue sauce and ketchup.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and spoon on to hamburger buns.
Other easy recipes you will love!