This recipe will bring out a passion for zucchini and squash that you never knew you had!
It is amazing what happens to a veggie after you bake in a bath of cream and cheese. Oh yeah don’t forget to give credit to the garlic!
As if that isn’t enough there is a blanket of smoked gouda on the top to create the most delectable squash dish ever!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced in rounds 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 yellow squash sliced in rounds 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Melt butter in oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until the edges start to brown approximately 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute. Add cream and simmer until bubbly and starting to thicken. Slowly stir in parmesan. Add zucchini and yellow squash and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with smoked gouda and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.