These quick and easy refreshing Grapefruit Margaritas are the perfect summer cocktail for pool parties, picnics and evening soirees. They are a combination of fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice, tequila and triple sec. This refreshing adult beverage comes together in just a couple of minutes.
Boy these weeks are just flying by at a hundred miles a minute. The weekend just ended and before I can even blink my eyes it will be here again. Why not kick it up a bit and make yourself an amazing adult beverage? Of course you need not wait for the weekend to make one of these amazing margaritas. Do you like grapefruit? I am not a huge grapefruit nut but hubby is. I must admit these Easy Grapefruit Margaritas brings out the best that grapefruit has to offer. They are not too tart and not too sweet. I love to serve them at my summer shindigs along with Lemon Drop Martinis, Peach Daiquiris and Frozen Mudslides.
How to make a Grapefruit Margarita
First rub the rim of the glasses with the wedge of a lime. Then run that rim through some coarsely ground salt that has been placed on a shallow plate. Next in a small pitcher mix together the grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec, tequila and ice. Then stir to combine. If desired sweeten to taste with simple syrup. Finally pour in the prepared glasses and garnish with lime and grapefruit slices.
How to set up a margarita bar
Mix pitchers of different flavored margaritas like strawberry, pineapple, raspberry and grapefruit. Have plenty of ice and a blender set out so that your guests can change it into a frozen margarita if desired. Set out bamboo picks with small bowls of garnishments like fresh strawberries, pineapple, raspberries, lime slices, orange slices and grapefruit slices. Place some coarse ground cocktail salt in a shallow bowl with lime wedges close by for rimming glasses. Perhaps your guests will want to blend a couple of the flavors together creating their own unique margaritas. Finally add a bottle of tequila to the bar for anyone who want to mix it just a little stronger.
Recipe hints and tips
- I find this cocktail perfect without added sugar but everyone’s taste is different especially when it comes to grapefruit. If it is too tart for you add a few tablespoons of simple syrup.
- Simple syrup is made by combining equal amounts of water and sugar in a microwaveable measuring cup or bowl. Microwave for 30 second increments until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Simple syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- For those who like a little kick add fresh jalapeno rings to the mix.
So if you are planning a party or maybe just relaxing a bit with your significant other put these lip smacking good margaritas on your to try list today.
This post was originally published April 11, 2018 and was republished June 5, 2020 with new content.Print
Make a pitcher of these delicious and easy cocktails for your upcoming summer party. They are so refreshing and perfect for your next pool party, evening soiree or neighborhood shindig.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 cocktails 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: stir
- Cuisine: American
- coarsely ground salt
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- Lime wedges and slices
- Grapefruit slice
- Optional 2–3 tablespoons simple syrup
- Rub a lime wedge around the edge of each glass and then dip the rim of each glass lightly on a shallow plate of coarsely ground salt.
- In a small pitcher mix together grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec, tequila and ice. Stir to combine. If desired sweeten to taste with simple syrup. Pour into glasses and garnish with lime and grapefruit slices.
- To make simple syrup combine equal amounts of water and sugar. Microwave in 30 second increments until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Keywords: grapefruit margarita drinks, how to make a grapefruit margarita, grapefruit margarita recipe