Are you hosting any holiday dinners this year? We are hosting Thanksgiving this year and it will have all the wonderful traditional fixings! It will be so nice having all the family gather together for one awesome meal. There will be roasted turkey, sausage cornbread stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, savory gravy, Cranberry Apple Pear Pecan Jello Salad, Easy Herb Cloverleaf Rolls, Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Garlic and of course Easy Sweet Glazed Bourbon Carrots. I am full already and we have not even told you about our dessert.
These amazing Easy Sweet Glazed Bourbon Carrots are cooked up perfect in an extra large skillet in about fifteen to twenty minutes. Friends and family love these sweet veggies. I really enjoy the addition of the bourbon but they are also delicious without it if you don’t have any and don’t want to purchase any. They are the perfect side dish for grilled steak, stuffed chicken and baked fish. So don’t limit these amazing Easy Sweet Glazed Bourbon Carrots just to Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Carrots are one of the most widely used vegetables in the world and are versatile in so many different ethnic dishes. They are a root vegetable and it is the root that is most commonly eaten. They come in many different colors but the most common is the orange. “The health benefits of carrots include reduced cholesterol, lower risk of heart attacks, prevention of certain cancers, improved vision, and reduced signs of premature aging. ” This and other information from 10 Impressive Benefits Of Carrots!
So if you are hosting a tasty holiday meal in the next few weeks or just grilling steaks tonight put these Easy Sweet Glazed Bourbon Carrots on the menu and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds for garnish
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt butter. Add carrots and cook until they begin to brown on the edges; stirring frequently. Approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium low and carefully add whiskey. Cook until whiskey is almost completely gone; approximately 3 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne. Continue cooking until carrots are tender; stirring frequently. Raise heat to medium high for last minute to thicken glaze. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
If pomegranate seeds are not available You can sub fresh parsley or roasted chopped pecans.
Other veggie recipes you will love!