Be still my beating heart. This sandwich is unbelievably delish!! If you pick your jalapenos properly they are not too spicy. I remove the membranes and seeds.
I fill the peppers with cream cheese and bake them until they are soft and a little mellowed out. Sounds like a description of my husband.
You are going to love it. It is going to be your favorite grilled cheese!
Jalapeno Popper Sandwich
- 2 Jalapenos sliced lengthwise seeds and membranes removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon crispy cooked
- 2 slices monterey jack
- 2 slices sharp cheddar
- 4 slices Italian bread
- Cilantro chopped
- Pats of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with approximately 1 ounce of cream cheese. Bake stuffed jalapenos on cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each bread slice. Each sandwich will have both kinds of cheese. Slice stuffed jalapenos into bite size pieces. Add jalapeno slices to on side of the bread and 2 slices of bacon to the other side. Add chopped cilantro to one side. Combine slices of bread to form 2 sandwiches.
- Grill each sandwich until lightly browned. Turn and cook until light browned on other side, Cheese should be melted and gooey.