These Banana Fritters are family friendly super easy crispy fried fritters full of fresh banana, cinnamon, cloves and a pinch of allspice. For a nice finishing touch dip in fresh maple syrup, sprinkle with powdered sugar or roll in cinnamon sugar.
My family just loves these easy Banana Fritters! They are best served warm out of the fryer. I like to fry these up in my dutch oven with about an inch of vegetable oil flipping halfway through the browning process. My kids just love them for breakfast or for an after school snack.
How do you make Banana Fritters?
First mash the bananas and stir in the milk and vanilla. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
Now in a large heavy skillet like a cast iron or Dutch oven heat about one inch of vegetable oil to 350-375 degrees. Use a candy thermometer to help you try to maintain a constant temperature. Using a tablespoon drop rounded spoonfuls of dough into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and cooked through turning halfway through the cooking process. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top or roll in cinnamon sugar. These Banana Fritters are best served right away.
Helpful tips for making Banana Fritters
- For best taste results use bananas that are over-ripe.
- Do not over mix the dough. Stir just until incorporated.
- Try to maintain an oil temperature between 350-375. Too low and the fritter will absorb too much of the oil. Too high and the fritter will burn on the outside but not cook all the way through.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons into the hot oil leaving enough space between them and working in small batches. Turn them after they are golden brown on the bottom and cook until they are golden brown on the other side.
- Use the first fritter as a test to judge accurate cooking time and the stability of your oil temperature.
- For the final touch dust with powdered sugar or roll in cinnamon sugar.
Other breakfast sweets you will love!
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- Buttermilk Bacon Pancakes
- Easy Mango Bread
- Pumpkin Muffin Recipe with Crumb Topping
A simple and quick recipe for delectable fried fritters filled with fresh bananas and cinnamon with a pinch of cloves and allspice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast sweet
- Method: deep fry
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large mashed overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- vegetable oil for frying
- powdered sugar (optional)
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- In a small bowl mash peeled bananas. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Heat 1 inch vegetable oil in heavy stockpot, Dutch oven or cast iron skillet to 350-375 degrees. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough into fryer. Cook until golden brown on the bottom; flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Work in small batches; making sure to cook all the way through. Place fritters on paper towels to drain. Dust with powdered sugar or roll in cinnamon sugar and serve warm.
- To make cinnamon sugar combine 1 1/2 cups sugar with 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- A deep fryer may be used as well.
Keywords: how to make banana fritters, ripe banana fritters, how to make homemade banana fritters