This easy Lemon Pudding Poke Cake is so moist and full of flavor. It comes together quickly as it take full advantage of a box cake mix and pudding mix.
I am a crazy lemon lover. Just the thought of lemons makes my mouth water. This delectable Lemon Pudding Poke Cake brings out the best that lemon has to offer and leaves your lips puckering for more. Do you have a favorite lemon recipe? This delicious cake is so easy and takes full advantage of starting with a box mix. Sometimes life is just so busy that we need to cut ourselves a little slack. Box mixes have come a long way over the years and sometimes taste as good or better than a made from scratch cake.
No worries it will be our little secret. You can pipe some lemon cream cheese frosting and add lemons on the top so it looks completely homemade. Have you tried any of my other lemon recipes? Seared Garlic Lemon Butter Scallops, Lip Smacking Good Lemon Chiffon Pie and Easy Lip Smacking Strawberry Lemonade are all amazingly delicious recipes that will leave your lemon craving satisfied. This Baked Lemon Chicken from Dinner at the Zoo is a blogger family favorite of ours!
This Lemon Pudding Poke Cake is so moist and full of flavor. Poke cakes are a little more messy than than a traditional cake but every single bite will remind you that the muddled piece is in itself a little slice of heaven. Poke cakes are best made a day in advance so the filling has time to chill and set. Put this delectable cake on your to try list and let your family and friends sing your praises.
Look at all that delicious mouthwatering goodness. What are you waiting for grab a fork and dig in.
- 1 Duncan Hines butter golden cake mix (15.25 ounce)
- 3/4 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) jello lemon pudding
- 1 box (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Small lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Follow box directions for butter golden cake mix adding water, butter and eggs. Stir in lemon zest. Spoon in pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes on clean.
- Meanwhile stir lemon pudding mix and milk according to box instructions. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove cake from the oven and immediately poke holes about every inch using the back of a wooden spoon. Spread the pudding over the cake gently pushing into the holes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and powdered sugar in 1/2 cup intervals until desired consistency.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups frosting if piping edges and centers. Spread remaining frosting over cake blending with remaining lemon pudding. Top with piped edges, centers and lemon slices if desired.
- Refrigerate for several hours to overnight to fully set.
There will be some lemon pudding on the top. When spreading the frosting work them in together. If you are not piping the frosting you can cut the amount of powdered sugar down a little.
Other cakes you will love!