CREAMY MACARONI SALAD IS AN EASY SUMMER PASTA SALAD RECIPE THAT MAKES A SCRUMPTIOUS SIDE FOR ALL OF YOUR GRILLING AND BARBECUE RECIPES. IT CAN BE PREPARED IN ADVANCE AND CHILLED OR SERVED AS SOON AS YOU MIX IT.
This salad is so easy that you can whip it up and have it on the table in about twenty minutes.
This Creamy Salad recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. It is perfect for your next patio party but simple enough for a week night dinner with grilled steak and corn. With all the wonderful vegetables the presentation is phenomenal. My late mother in law made a wonderful macaroni salad. She would put small bits of cubed cheese and sweet pickle relish in it. This one is creamier with just a hint of sweetness and plenty of fresh beautiful vegetables!
WHAT DO YOU PUT IN MACARONI SALAD?
Macaroni salad is traditionally made with creamy mayonnaise based dressings but is just as delicious with an oil and vinegar based dressing. All kinds of small or finely diced vegetables can be added such as peas, broccoli, peppers, celery, onions, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, radishes and more. Other delicious additions included very small cubes of cheese, spinach, sunflower seeds, jalapenos, pimentos, capers, green onions, and hard boiled eggs.
HOW TO MAKE MACARONI SALAD
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and drain well. In large bowl whisk together mayo, mustard, cider vinegar and sour cream. Add the cooked macaroni, peppers, tomatoes, red onion, celery and parsley. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
This Creamy Macaroni salad is sure to make a pasta lover out of you! For goodness sake if there is a vegetable in here that you are not fond of find a substitution. Well what are you waiting for? You may just have the ingredients on hand to make this delectable salad.
This post was originally published April 3, 2016 and was republished with new material August 11, 2018.
OTHER PASTA SALADS YOU WILL LOVE!
- Easy Taco Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Quick Easy Turkey Club Pasta Salad
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Easy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream.
- 1/2 orange pepper chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- Optional: 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to instructions on box. Drain well.
- In large bowl whisk together mayo, mustard, cider vinegar and sour cream. Add the cooked macaroni, peppers, tomatoes, red onion, celery and parsley. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.