This rum cake is so easy and so scrumptious! It can be whipped up in time at all. You will start receiving requests for this recipe and to bake it and bring it to parties.
The amount of rum in this cake is perfect. Don’t blame me if you start consuming 1/2 the cake!
Look at that beauty!
Golden Rum Cake
- 1 package butter cake mix (15.25 ounce)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounce)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, vegetable oil and 1/2 cup rum. Mix until well combined.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake bounces back when lightly touched. Let sit for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving platter.
- Combine butter, sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of rum. Brush glaze over tops and side of cake until all the glaze is used.
I use a Bundt cake pan that has lots of nooks and crannies so the glaze soaks in. You can also carefully remove the cake from the pan. Fill the pan with glaze and carefully reinsert the cake back in the pan until the glaze is soaked up in the cake.