These super easy Italian Cream Sodas are the perfect chilly sweet treat for those special celebrations like birthdays, anniversaries, and graduations. They are so beautiful, easy to make, and delicious. For even more fun make in a variety of flavors to suit everyone’s taste.
How to make Italian cream sodas
Start by adding ice to the glasses. Then pour about 1/2 cup of club soda into them. Now add the flavored syrup. Then add 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream or half and half. Top with fresh whipped cream and assorted cherries, grapes, blackberries or other fruit to complement the flavor.
Where can I purchase sweet flavored syrups
Some local grocery stores carry the syrups and they are usually located in the same aisle as the coffee. I have also purchased them from HomeGoods but that can be a hit or a miss. Amazon is always a sure bet and they carry a huge assortment of flavors. Just look under flavored syrups and you will even find some sugar free varieties.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Plan ahead in the event that you need to order the syrups from Amazon.
- You can substitute half and half for the whipping cream for the soda portion of the recipe. But if you want to top with homemade whipped cream you will need to purchase it anyway so why purchase two different products.
- For the prettiest appearance don’t mix the drinks. Just simply add a tall spoon or straw and let the happy consumer take care of the rest.
- Add complementary garnishes like grapes, blackberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, orange segments, lemon slices, or lime slices.
- For even more pizazz add a few sprinkles on top of the whipped cream.
Other refreshing beverages you will love!
- Cherry Lemonade
- Arnold Palmer Drink
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Banana Milk
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Homemade Lemonade
Italian Cream Soda
A delicious and fun Italian Cream Soda recipe with flavors for everyone all topped with fresh whipped cream and complementary garnishes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: beverage
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1/4 cup flavored syrup ( I use Torani Brand)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons heavy cream (or half and half)
- whipped cream (optional)
- grapes, blackberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Add ice to a tall glass. Add the club soda.
- Pour in the syrup.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and assorted cherries, grapes, blackberries or other fruit to complement the flavor.
Keywords: how to make Italian cream soda, what is Italian cream soda, Italian soda