Calling bacon lovers everywhere! Oven Baked Bacon is the easiest, cleanest, best way to make bacon. If you have never cooked bacon this way it is a must try. In my eyes it is a game changer.
It is so simple that even the novice chef can handle this! The part I liked the best is all the clean up stays in the oven and not all over your stovetop. I use this method for Classic Club Sandwich, Baked Potato Skins, Chicken Quesadilla, and many more recipes.
How to cook bacon in the oven
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then lay the bacon in a single layer on the paper. Place in a preheated for about 15 minutes or until your desired crispiness. Next remove the bacon from the cookie sheet and place on paper towels to drain.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Bacon crisps up very well in bacon grease however if you want to make it a little healthier add a rack to the baking sheet and let the grease drip into the baking sheet below.
- This method works for everything from thin sliced bacon to your thick butcher cut bacon. The only thing that varies is the cooking time. The thicker the bacon the longer the cooking time.
- If you have an older baking sheet and you like your bacon fairly crispy skip the parchment paper and layer the bacon right on the baking sheet. For an added bonus flip the bacon and rotate the baking sheet halfway through the cooking process. This method is also the best for rendering bacon grease.
- To store place the bacon in a single layer between sheets of paper towels and place in a large zipper bag. Gently squeeze out most of the air and store in the refrigerator. It is good for about 4-5 days but use your nose as a guide.
- To freeze place the cooked bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with fresh parchment paper and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours. Remove the bacon from the sheet and place in a heavy duty freezer bag in the freezer for up to 4 months.
How to reheat cooked bacon
- Microwave – put the bacon on a microwave safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Heat for 10-20 seconds depending on the strength of your microwave. Mine is ridiculously powerful.
- Skillet – heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and heat for about 2 minutes flipping halfway through the process.
- Oven – place the desired amount of bacon in a single layer on a parchment covered baking sheet. Reheat in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
More bacon recipes you will love!
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Bacon Jam Recipe
- Candied Bacon
- Buttermilk Bacon Pancakes
- Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes
Oven Baked Bacon
This Oven Baked Bacon is by far the easiest, cleanest, and fastest way to cook bacon. If you have never tried this method you really must. It will become your new go to technique for cooking bacon.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast, lunch
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 6–10 slices bacon (depending on the size of your baking sheet)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the bacon in a single layer on the paper.
- Cook 12-17 minutes or until your desired crispiness.
- Remove the bacon from the cookie sheet and place on paper towels to drain.
Keywords: baked bacon recipe, how to cook bacon in the oven, cooking bacon in the oven