This super easy Parmesan pasta is lusciously creamy with fresh garlic and Parmesan. It is all made in one easy skillet. It is a family favorite and my son had three helpings last night.
For a complete meal I love to serve this delectable pasta with Easy Chicken Parmesan, Italian Chopped Salad with Fresh Italian Dressing, and Cheese Garlic Bread. It comes together in less than thirty minutes with less than five minutes prep time. This will quickly become one of your favorite go to side dish recipes.
How to make Parmesan Pasta
You will not believe how incredibly easy and delicious this recipe is. Start by melting a little butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Now add the garlic and cook about one minute stirring constantly. Then add the chicken broth, milk and cream bringing it to a boil. Now add the pasta and gently boil until tender. Finally stir in the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
A few recipe tips:
- You can use several different pasta shapes in this recipe such as linguine, fettuccine, small shells, penne, elbow, radiatore or cavatelli. The cooking time might vary by a few minutes so keep checking to see when the pasta is tender.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese in this recipe. The flavor is worth every penny and it melts perfectly unlike the stuff in the canister.
- If the pasta becomes too thick just add a little chicken broth, milk and cream in the same proportions as the recipe. It is hard to mess this one up.
- Cook the pasta over a very low boil stirring frequently. Try to keep the pasta under the liquid adding more chicken broth, milk and cream in same recipe proportions if necessary.
- Both rotisserie cooked chicken and skillet sauteed lemon shrimp are delicious when added to the pasta upon completion.
This recipe is scrumptious, easy and so dependable. Put the ingredients on your shopping list today and make your loved ones an amazing side dish!Print
A delectable creamy garlic Parmesan Pasta that is made easy in one pot. The perfect side dish for Grilled Marinated Chicken, roasted pork tenderloin or chicken spedini.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: side pasta
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces linguine or fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Melt butter in a large pot or skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, milk and cream. Bring to low boil. Add pasta and gently boil until tender; 15-20 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in the Parmesan Cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Keywords: garlic parmesan pasta, one pot garlic parmesan pasta, parmesan cheese pasta