Skillet Sausage and Peppers are a winning combination of sweet chicken sausage, crisp bell peppers and onion in an amazing Asian inspired sauce. It is the perfect busy family meal as it can be on the table in less than thirty minutes.
I love this recipe. It is so easy and tastes so darn good. It is one of hubby’s favorite meals. You can serve it over rice or couscous or noodles or spaghetti squash. I like it just by itself! They sell so many tasty and healthy chicken sausages these days.
More chicken sausage recipes you will love!
- Sausage and Pepper Linguine
- Skillet Sausage and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sausage Sauerkraut and Potatoes
- Creamy Sausage Spaghetti
- Savory Chicken Sausage Cabbage Noodle Soup
You will need some sliced onions, green peppers, red peppers and a little minced garlic for the sauce. Oh the sauce! The sauce is la piece de resistance of this Skillet Sausage and Peppers. Translation….your taste buds are going to be tantalized.Brown those delicious little sausages in a skillet. You can brown them whole or slice them and brown them!
After the sausages are browned move them to a plate and cover to keep warm. Now add a little olive oil and a little sesame oil to the pan. Add the onions and peppers and cook on medium high for about eight to ten minutes depending up the amount of heat you are working with and how brown you like the edges of your veggies. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the sherry, soy sauce, mirin, sriracha sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and ketchup. Mix gently in amongst the veggies and return the sausages to the pan to warm up. Let all those delicious foods co-mingle for about five minutes. Oh this Skillet Sausage and Peppers is so yummy. Bon appetit everyone!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 Chicken Sausages
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and one teaspoon sesame oil to large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until lightly browned. Remove to plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to the skillet over medium high heat. Cook the peppers and onions on medium high for about 8 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned on the edges. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the sherry, soy sauce, mirin, sriracha sauce, Worcestershire, fresh ginger, and ketchup. Mix gently until combined. Add the sausages back to the skillet and allow everything to warm for 1-2 minutes.
Mirin is sweetened sake. You can sub three parts sherry to one part sugar or omit if it is difficult to find. Both mirin and sriracha would be in Asian food section of your grocery store.
Other delicious supper recipes you will love!