This delectable Christmas Salad brings spring greens together with sliced almonds, feta cheese, mandarin oranges and pomegranate arils all drizzled with a tangy Honey Mustard Champagne Vinaigrette. I love to serve it with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Steak Diane.
Christmas is coming! As a matter of fact, it is right around the corner. Are you ready to go? Do you have your dinner planned? This gorgeous Christmas salad comes together quickly and is always a hit. It pairs wonderfully with roasted chicken, prime rib, pork tenderloin, lobster or shrimp.
How do you make Christmas salad?
Start by mixing the Honey Mustard Champagne Vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Now slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking continuously.
Next grab a big beautiful bowl and add your spring green, sliced almonds, feta cheese, mandarin oranges and pomegranate arils. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Making this Christmas salad is really just that easy and so darn delicious and beautiful.
Where can you find pomegranate arils?
Pomegranate arils are really just the red jewels found inside a pomegranate. They contain a sweet nectar that surrounds a white seed in the middle. Around late November through December grocery stores will have pomegranates available and some stores may even have the arils already removed and available for sale. I have picked them up at Costco on many occasions over the years.
However do not fret if the removed arils are not available. Just pick up a pomegranate from your local store. When ready to use simply roll on the counter like you would knead a hunk of dough. This will loosen the seeds. Now simply cut it in half and squeeze the fruit over the bowl while smacking the skin side of the fruit somewhat hard with a wooden spoon. The seeds will drop into the bowl and you can use a slotted spoon to remove them from the juice.
Helpful tips for making this Christmas Salad
- You can substitute Pecans for the sliced almonds if desired.
- The Honey Mustard Champagne Vinaigrette can be made up to two days in advance however remove from the refrigerator about 45 minutes in advance of serving to warm to remove temperature and whisk or shake well.
- I encourage you to use fresh seedless mandarin oranges but in a pinch you could use canned.
- If pomegranates are out of season blueberries are a great substitute.
- This salad is equally delicious with a honey poppy seed dressing.
Other salad recipes you will love!
- Zesty Sweet Four Bean Salad
- Cornbread Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Chef Salad
- Avocado Greek Salad
A super easy Christmas Salad that is as fun and festive as it is delicious. Drizzle with a delectable Honey Mustard Champagne Vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh spring greens
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
- 4 seedless mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- In a small bowl whisk together minced garlic, champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil; whisking continuously.
- In a large bowl add spring green, sliced almonds, feta cheese, mandarin oranges and pomegranate arils. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Keywords: salad, Christmas salad, Christmas salad recipes, Christmas salad ideas, salads for Christmas dinner, Christmas green salad, Christmas green salad recipes, Christmas salad pomegranate, a good Christmas salad, Christmas side salads