Every once in a while on the weekends I will get out my large derriere out of bed and make my darling daughter something special and sweet! I am not sure if it makes her feel special but it makes me feel like I am being a good Mom!
You may even find yourself enjoying some of this special & sweet goodie! There are little bits of strawberry in the pancake and the whole caboodle is topped with glorious strawberry syrup!
I could eat this again tomorrow morning and it would NOT be soon enough! Enjoy my special & sweet friends.Print
Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup
- Yield: 8
- 1 lb strawberries washed, hulled and sliced (1 cup sliced extra fine set aside)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine strawberries (except for the ones reserved), 1/4 cup sugar and lime juice in small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for ten minutes stirring every couple of minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Sauce will thicken upon cooling.
- Combine milk and vinegar in small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, egg, and vanilla to milk mixture.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture stirring with whisk just until combined. Resist the urge to over-mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cups of batter onto the skillet, gently press small amounts of the reserved strawberries into the pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- You may want to double this recipe. It goes fast.
- Serving Size: 4