Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups are crispy breaded chicken breasts stuffed with ham, Swiss cheese and drizzled with a mustard Parmesan cream sauce.
Chicken is by far one of the most versatile meats. We probably eat chicken one way or another at least twice a week. There are just so many ways to bake it, grill it, stir fry it and saute it. Everyone needs a large repertoire of great go to chicken recipes. These Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups are one of my favorites. They are scrumptious, easy and so dependable. They are simple enough for a weeknight meal yet elegant enough for company. See what I mean!! Don’t they look savory and scrumptious? The chicken is stuffed with baby Swiss cheese and sweet ham. Then it is breaded with crispy panko crumbs and baked to a golden brown. Just before serving drizzle with the easy mustard Parmesan cream sauce.
Are you always on the hunt for more amazing chicken recipes? I mean really, who isn’t? Don’t worry I got you covered! Some of these delicious chicken recipes are mine and some are from my blogging friends!
- Grilled Marinated Chicken
- Honey Lime Garlic Chicken
- Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Bacon Pineapple Pepper Skewers
- One Pan Chicken Shawarma
- Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken
- Creamy Chipotle Pepper Chicken Thighs
- Easy Orange Chicken and Red Bell Peppers
- Slow Cooker Harissa Chicken
A few helpful hints for making these Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups!
- If the chicken breasts are still too thick to roll after cutting in half lengthwise pound them a little thinner using a meat mallet.
- Use panko bread crumbs for extra crispiness.
- Don’t drizzle the sauce until you are ready to serve.
Put the ingredients for these Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups on your list today and give them a whirl. Your family will be singing your praises and coming back for seconds.
This post was originally published Feb. 6th, 2015. It was republished June 4th, 2018 with more updated information, modified creamy Dijon mustard sauce and newer pictures.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to create 4 thinner pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 slices deli size baby Swiss
- 4 slices deli style ham
Parmesan Dijon cream sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl. Add flour to shallow plate. Combine panko, basil and oregano on separate shallow plate.
- Place one piece of Swiss cheese on each piece of chicken. Top with a piece of ham on each piece of Swiss cheese. Roll up chicken breasts starting on shortest end and secure with toothpick.
- Dip each rolled chicken stack in egg mixture, then in flour, back in egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 90 seconds: whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in milk and cook until slightly thickened; about 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and whisk in Dijon mustard and Parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted; whisking constantly.
- Slice chicken into rounds, drizzle with cheese sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
More recipes you will love!!